[T1 Release] SMS Script Pack Beta 1

Timalis_

Veteran X
Welp, I suppose here goes nothing. I put my script pack into Beta Stages, was just wondering if anyone would like to test it, give ideas, probably flame me for nothing, etc etc. Info is all in the link, along with some screen shots.

Da Link

Edit: Seeing as it killed my bandwidth on Geocities, It's pending an upload to the RDB..

Last edited:
Timalis said:
Download:
Steelmaelstrom Script Pack Beta 1 Approx Size: 200kb

Installation instructions:
First off.. Backup your current config directory before doing anything at all! There said that. Now on with it.
It's higly recommended that you install this on a clean setup of tribes. Patched and maps and everything. But other wise no other scripts.
It won't work well with other script packs.. matter of fact it won't work at all.
Safe files in the Config to keep:
Players.cs gameserverlist.cs clientprefs.cs config.cs
See the config\scripts\binds.cs to change see the binds I have.
Also some Settings in config\scripts\smsprefs.cs
Tried to keep things simple...

Now, this script pack is Beta.. so I expect it to have errors, and I expect people to bitch, gripe, moan, and complain about it.. if anyone even uses it at all so yeah.
Pack is just something I have been working on to make things a bit cleaner, and a bit more to my personal liking, ya dun like it, tough luck.

Going to warn you now, the Inventory script is currently Alpha like. You can use it, but you will have to have some grasp of scripting in order to, not to mention know the number codes of the equipment you want. More explained in that file's header.

Ok, you won't have my reticle, but you will have my font and health/energy bars.
The font is Random's Colorized, I think. Snagged it off Andrew's site when he didn't have an html page layered over his content.. heh.. whoops?
I'll have a list of some parts of scripts I used to make this, and yes I did code it all by my little lonesome, taking ideas and basic knowledge for the scripts from other scripts that have been made. But will list them later.
Screen Shots:
1 2
Any questions, comments, flames, etc etc. Email me at:
Timalis

I like the Health Bars, it'd look a bit better if you were to replace those default fonts. And I think that if you made those HUDS with transparent containers that it would look alot cleaner.
The path of the zip file could be fixed, because currently it would just create a dir named smspack in your Tribes folder, and the main config dir could be cleaned up a bit to have as little files as possible.
It's really a personal preference though, because I'm a minimalist, but I appreciate the work you've put into the pack.
Nice job..

I think if you were to drop the fpshud (because no one really needs to watch them that much, besides killer2001 of course) and combine some of those other huds it would look much better. I haven't downloaded it yet, but it looks good. I like the health bars especially. I'll download it when I get home from work and try it out.

Thanks R@ndom for hosting it lol.
Jimmy, if you open up the smsprefs.cs file there is a true/false value to disable the fps hud, when it's set to false it just won't load the fps.cs file. I threw it in there to test to make sure it wouldn't drop too much, had a small schedule problem with my flags code, not to mention I was seeing how the new ski script would would preform.

Yes, I plan to make things transparent. I was also pondering using Color Gui around them, but that would throw off the cordination with the chat hud, as I like it at five lines.

Anyways, expect some changes then, cause now you all have me brain storming lol. Thanks for the replies.

Sounds good Tim. Like I said I hadn't downloaded it yet. But that's a good feature to have - the ability to turn huds on and off. That way everyone can find their preference without altering the pack. Whenever you figure that scheduling code out and redo it, pls relink so I can test it out. Gl.

Heh.. originally the flags were each in a seperate hud, gut each one was getting redrawn twice when one flag was dropped, then four times a second when two were dropped, so it tended to drop fps rather low because of it, needless to say I fixed it and just put them both in the same hud to take care of it lol.

JimmyCarter said:
I think if you were to drop the fpshud (because no one really needs to watch them that much, besides killer2001 of course) and combine some of those other huds it would look much better.

:lol:

having an FPS hud would make my 12 fps go down to 8 ;\

Submitted application in march 2002, withdrew in april 2002 due to "Life being too busy". Noted that your application should be reconsidered in future. ;)
Got to love us sucky clans that have every trainee and member logged into a private database with information.

Anyways, I am doing testing on making the huds transparent.. though, with the colors as they are, they tend to blend into snow and sand, so I'm thinking off adding a toggle, if I can for either the frame of the hud to be displayed, or to toggle Color GUI sections on and off...

KiLLeR2001 said:
yo

Timalis_ said:
Submitted application in march 2002, withdrew in april 2002 due to "Life being too busy". Noted that your application should be reconsidered in future. ;)
Got to love us sucky clans that have every trainee and member logged into a private database with information.

Anyways, I am doing testing on making the huds transparent.. though, with the colors as they are, they tend to blend into snow and sand, so I'm thinking off adding a toggle, if I can for either the frame of the hud to be displayed, or to toggle Color GUI sections on and off...

omg that is scary. man if i had registered for TW when i started playing tribes i would be a vet^2 at least by now.

Back