[T:V] Vehicles

Rigel said:
The T1 vehicles were fine, they just weren't the same thing as T2 or BF1942, you didn't need them to succede. The game could have played beautifully without them. We're just used to vehicle dependency now, back in the day these were the best things since sliced bread. Could T1 vehicles have been better? Yeah, but they could have been a hell of alot worse.
I think vehicles play a real important role in the game, so its usually good to have vehicles that one can depend on. The jets only hold out for so long, especially during flag runs/chases where theres nowhere to ski and you're too low on health to discjump. But aside from that I wholeheartedly agree.

Nomble said:
I think vehicles play a real important role in the game, so its usually good to have vehicles that one can depend on. The jets only hold out for so long, especially during flag runs/chases where theres nowhere to ski and you're too low on health to discjump. But aside from that I wholeheartedly agree.

any good capper will not need a vehicle on a flag cap.

Rabid Poop said:
Maybe so, but in actuality it really depends on the situation at hand. Suppose you come in with a clean sweep and take little to no damage and you're already skiing home, the flag basically belongs to you. But then again, lets say you have about seven guys on your tail and you're low on energy, its not very pretty. It also varies from capper to capper, some people want to get in and out, others may want to play it safe.

Rabid Poop said:
Maybe not, but sometimes vehicle capping is fun regardless. I think the option should be open to players who wish to try something outside the box.

They just need to make vehicles easier to take down. Like for example, a MA disk should send a scout spinning out of control. The same goes for ramming someone.

Rabid Poop said:

nah..it depends on what the situation is, in most cases just plain grab and run is the best choice but as i said, it depends..

Nomble said:
They sure beat the hell out of the T1 Vehicles, none of which are of any actual use aside from quick transport for those who don't want to risk discjumping.

But the T2 vehicles aren't all that great either. The gravbike, the tank, and the bomber are just fine, but the MPB takes more punishment than it should, the shrike is damn near impossible to control, and the havoc is self explanatory.
I can't control a T1 scout to save my life, seems like I finally move my mouse far enough to get the thing turning and it won't stop. However, I can control the T2 shrike well enough to actually do useful things with it. I realize all that would probably be required is a sensativity script and some practice to be able to use the T1 scout but the point is it's all about familiarity, spend some time with either and you'll learn to control it.

Ammusingly now, the MPB just gets raped in any well-matched serious game... quite difficult to keep the thing up really since just one person with some HO knowledge can take a large chunk out of the thing or even kill it... often even with a plas turret on it depending on the situation.

Havoc, couldn't agree with you more, completely worthless. Hopefully they won't think they must have a transport if they're only doing 2 air vehicles, after all it none of them have really been used in T1 or T2; the bomber, however, has. What might be slick is a combo one--2 (or so) ovbisouly optional heavy slots akin to the T2 bomber's, a pilot, and an optional bombadier. They did some combinding of roles with the buggy, maybe the same will happen here, who knows. Even a pilot that does the bombs and one heavy slot might be fine providing the ballance was adjusted to make it reasonable for a one person bomber.

Thrax Panda said:
Huh? The whooza with the whatsit?

no no no. the doodad. from the computergames article. I'm a little foggy, but i thought that there was some concept art, or something of a vehicle which had the "burner" mounted on it. i'll have to have a look at the mag when i get home now :(

Thrax Panda said:
So what's your preferred capping vehicle?

APC

and Nomble you're forgetting the fact that if you have seven guys on your tail you will probably not be able to make it into the vehicle.

Void|deadjawa said:
Maybe not, but sometimes vehicle capping is fun regardless. I think the option should be open to players who wish to try something outside the box.

that's fine but it shouldn't be something you depend on imo. How is driving in a stiff vehicle celebrating freedom of movement?

Last edited:
jsut said:
no no no. the doodad. from the computergames article. I'm a little foggy, but i thought that there was some concept art, or something of a vehicle which had the "burner" mounted on it. i'll have to have a look at the mag when i get home now :(
Right. That was prototype stuff. And while some things from the prototype have made it thru to the game, others have not. So far we've announced one vehicle. That art may or may not represent a direction for a second vehicle.

Rabid Poop said:
that's fine but it shouldn't be something you depend on imo. How is driving in a stiff vehicle celebrating freedom of movement?
I agree, but it should be there...and it should be cool/fun.

As an aside, I also think that the concept of scout ramming should be completely done away with. How is strapping yourself on to the back indestructible cruise missle fair or realistic even in a magical sci fi world?

(If youre going to disagree with me, please use non ZP logic)

To be honest the transport was real useful in T2 at 1 point.
The only reason its not used now is because the maps it was useful on are not in the competition rotation.

I remember 5150 using it expertly on Sanctuary. I'm pretty sure it was used on other maps with success.

I agree the big base indoor flags are not geared to competition play but I didn't feel Sanctuary, DBF and Decicator or Reversion(The one with the shield generator) fit into that category.

It all depends on the maps.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Back