[T:V] The Shocklance's Replacement

A year or so ago I got pretty good with the shocklance. I only play arena so I mostly used it on lights, as it was usually too hard to get close to a shielding medium.

When I say I was pretty good, I really mean to say I had some crazy good ping on the servers I was playing on. All I had to do was get behind someone and *poof* they were dead.

It was kinda lame now that I think about it. Why the hell did they make this weapon that gives the ultimate power to anyone who doesn't suck and have low ping.

And even if you miss the coup de grace it would kill the momentum of your opponent and make him an easy target for the next shot. I'm suprised the sl does any damage at all considering that.

I can understand Thax's illogical angst against it. Even if they brought back the shocklance and actually balanced it, there would just be too many bad memories. So good bye to the shocklane. :grimreape

Avox said:
This movie (nicely put together, great disk shots) shows exactly why the shocklance has been removed from the tribes series, too bad he didnt add 5 minutes of shrike ramming to show the rest of the T2 llama skill set.
Why? Because he is part of the only handful of players that can pull those shots off? Brilliant.

I liked the shocklance. <3

Could've toned down the damage just a bit, so it's not an insta-kill, but needs o be quickly followed up by something else instead..

But that's in the past.. now we look to new weapons in the future- wait, or is that look to the past for new ideas? whatever..

Thrax Panda said:
This is, as I think I've said before, my reason for pulling it. I have a complete and utter hatred of the weapon and can't stand the thought of it being in a game I produce. I said that it must go, and so it is gone. I don't really care if anybody agrees with me on this particular point, it's gone anyway. There are only two things in the game that suffered this fate, the lance, and the bioderms. There are other things which I dislike that have remained in the game and some that are gone because the designers decided they didn't belong, but these two are entirely my kills.
:soapbox:

you cannot defeat the horde, derms will prevail

rawr.jpg

i hate the concept of the shocklance in general, playing by the way t1 was played(since i never bothered trying t2 all that much) being able to die in 1 hit would make the flag carrier hesitant to go outside, and would promote turtling and turret farming and would make the game generally not fun(why do you think people hate o sniping so much?) so im glad to see it go(as well as a 1 hit kill weapon, i dont like 1 hit kill weapons.. that track people.. and kill heavies in 1 hit, and promote faggotry.... ON AN EPIC SCALE :\ )

it does not need a replacement because it never should have been in t2 imo :shrug:

as for bioderms, well, those creatures in t2 are not bioderms, sorry, they are space orcs, this was brought up a long time ago and settled, space orcs = gay

|zVx|Teflon said:
because they're stupid
It's a real kick in the face, and only lamers would do it.

It's not like you're helping your team by sniping their hof. It doesn't kill him either. (it should take 4-5 snipes to even make the hof step back and touch the inv to heal before going back to the flag)

Back