T:V - Boost?

cruncha-

Contributor
Veteran XX
i woke up this morning and for some reason, tribes vengeance was on my mind and so was armored core 2. in armored core2, you could press both analogs and your dude would sorta boost up and fly real far too. i was thinking if tribes vengeance would have somethin like this?

just an idea.

i've played AC2 before, it just wouldn't make any sense in this game

maybe if it drained your energy to 0 when u did it, and it only lasted for a second

I think a neat move would be something along the lines of firing all your jet power off at once and getting an incredible burst of speed in whatever vector you're flying.

The disadvantage, of course, being a complete lack of lateral movement.

Rev said:
I think a neat move would be something along the lines of firing all your jet power off at once and getting an incredible burst of speed in whatever vector you're flying.

You'd be surprised how much you can do with that, really it's just like running a high-speed route, you're moving so fast that between hops you have time to recharge and use the terrain to help steer.

Rev said:

Classic }-)

Last edited:
Darkfire said:
T1 renegades mod had a boost beacon, but it was bent.

Dude, the boost pack in T1 ren made competative ladder play what it was. The boost basically turned the entire match into a "spawn" game, as bases could never (with extremely few exceptions) be kept up.

Boosters made the flying flag hand-off first possible, then later, as people got more proficient, the booster wasnt' needed and the flying flag hand-off even made it as a standard in base play.

BlueMax said:
Dude, the boost pack in T1 ren made competative ladder play what it was. The boost basically turned the entire match into a "spawn" game, as bases could never (with extremely few exceptions

Is that a good thing though? I love tribes maps where keeping the base up is an option, RD for instance. Also, I like how you have to sacrifice something to get a boost of speed (discjump).

Don't get me wrong - I love the t1 spawn game, but i kinda hope that T:V will take tribes further than that.

Back