T:V Beta Report @ Team Warfare

Falhawk said:
They changed skiing a lot in terms of how it works. Before people bunny hopped down (and up) hills to gain speed. We all did it, we all loved it...but lets be honest, it isn't very realistic. T:V patched this hole by making skiing more of an intended effect. When you hit the "ski" key (if you have one mapped...it is by default the space bar). Your feet start to glow a bit and you get the sense that you're sliding around. It is like you've got friction reducers strapped to your feet. A neat side effect of this is that you can run on a flat surface, jump, hit the ski key and you hit like you're on a slip and slide.
Mmm, With player momemtum transfers, is it possible there will be a billiards game type?

This is by far the BEST reviews I've read thus far.

Good job! Very articulate and informative in the best sense a tribes review can be made.

Is it just me or does surface tension look bad compared to the other maps. I don't know, but the ice and snow textures from the SS seem somewhat bland and don't fit together. There aren't any smooth transitions ...

Mooley said:
This is by far the BEST reviews I've read thus far.

Good job! Very articulate and informative in the best sense a tribes review can be made.
Definately. Read through them yesterday and Falhawk has easily written the best review for long-time tribes fans wanting to know the feel of the game.

Hm, I'd like to read more in-depth opinions on the gameplay rather than technical readouts on what the weapons are and what the maps look like. Seems like every review so far has been just that. May be part of the NDA still though, who knows.

Can you change your armor type at the buggy's inventory station?

I wonder why they made the heavy have different looking weapons than the light / medium. I don't care for how it looks like it takes up more screen space than the "regular" weapons, unless theres more punch to the heavy disc launcher or something.

Heavy with a "heavy" disc launcher:

pod1.jpg

Dangerdoggie said:

I wonder why they made the heavy have different looking weapons than the light / medium. I don't care for how it looks like it takes up more screen space than the "regular" weapons, unless theres more punch to the heavy disc launcher or something.

Heavy with a "heavy" disc launcher:

pod1.jpg

It's not a different model for the weapon so much as the Heavy armor doesn't have any hands w/ fingers. So the weapon attaches to the end of the arm, and is controlled by that joystick in the hand armor.

That's not a special heavy weapon model, that's the regular weapon attached to the heavy arm. They are going for the Alines cargo loader feel, with the guy inside the heavy armour controlling it by joystick.

Dangerdoggie said:

uhhh no

And no, the heavy doesn't have different weapons. That's the arm of the heavy, the weapons are mounted at the end of the arm.

doh, my bad, I was looking at the pic and was like "uhh no, you can't change your armor at that"

yeah, you can change the armor at the buggy :D

I can see it's going to take some getting used to these new player model designs. I hope they allow you to re-spawn to a buggy waypoint after you've entered the game at say your base. There should be transporter like pads that allow you to jump to a buggy spawn point.

I don't see any means of transporting heavy's, doesn't look like the vehicles alow a heavy to drive them or anything. I suppose the new skiing methods and speed will make this a moot point though, plus the smaller maps etc. Who waits for a ride anyways.

You can teleport between spawn towers without losing your equipment. I would think that you can use these towers to go to the rover too.

Back