Suggestions for a music production/audio workstation PC

saKe

Veteran XV
It has been a few years since I've looked into this kind of stuff and was hoping maybe a few of you might be able to point me in the right direction. Price range is 800-1000

Thank you in advance!

It doesn't really take much power, honestly. Any i5+ will own it. Spend your money on a good interface and some monitors.

I don't have a clue, really.

But I can say that I've bought Asus motherboards with 4+ x16 expansion slots, and that's worked well for me. Maybe that's important if you're dealing with a lot of I/O boards?

I haven't played around with this shit in a few years, but MOTU interfaces were the best I ever used. I don't have enough money to test all the monitors, but I liked my low-end mackies.

I picked up a pair of AV40's to hold me over and the right speaker goes out 1/2 the time and wasn't even worth the 120 I spent on them. What MOTU interface do you favor?

KRK monitors are very good for being able to hear what's happening in a mix. I own a pear of Rokit 5s. :D

Any old interface is great nowadays. The Presonus units are very nice, reliable; same with MBox. I use a Presonus FireStudio 26x26 and a FireBox....but Firewire is going out of style, giving way to USB. Presonus' new AudioBox USB interfaces are great.

For the type of stuff I think you're after, Ableton Live is pretty much it these days. For regular audio production I use Cubase. All the pro studios are either ProTools or sometimes Nuendo, but PT is where it's at for audio and lock to picture.

I picked up a pair of AV40's to hold me over and the right speaker goes out 1/2 the time and wasn't even worth the 120 I spent on them. What MOTU interface do you favor?

honestly, all of them are pretty nice. What sets them apart are the drivers. Amazing software.

KRK monitors are very good for being able to hear what's happening in a mix. I own a pear of Rokit 5s. :D

Any old interface is great nowadays. The Presonus units are very nice, reliable; same with MBox. I use a Presonus FireStudio 26x26 and a FireBox....but Firewire is going out of style, giving way to USB. Presonus' new AudioBox USB interfaces are great.

For the type of stuff I think you're after, Ableton Live is pretty much it these days. For regular audio production I use Cubase. All the pro studios are either ProTools or sometimes Nuendo, but PT is where it's at for audio and lock to picture.

Do you ever have an issue w a single speaker going out w your Rokit 5's?

honestly, all of them are pretty nice. What sets them apart are the drivers. Amazing software.

I need something simple, I don't use instruments. I use softsynths and my Access Virus TI. Suggestions? Ive used Cakewalk Sonar + Reason for a while.. thinking of trying something new. I feel like I don't have control of the sound like I used too.

Back