Suggest a video card

JuSTCHiLLiN

Veteran XX
So what video card should I order?

Current specs:
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

I bought the 7600gs two-ish years ago and it's done me alright for wow and halflife2 but it's time to upgrade.

I was thinking of getting this card:

EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card

I'm not sure what the difference between the normal and superclocked versions are though, except superclocked sounds way cooler.

Price wise, I'd rather not spend a crapton but somewhere middle to higher-middle.

Any suggestions?

So what video card should I order?

Current specs:
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

I bought the 7600gs two-ish years ago and it's done me alright for wow and halflife2 but it's time to upgrade.

I was thinking of getting this card:

EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card

I'm not sure what the difference between the normal and superclocked versions are though, except superclocked sounds way cooler.

Price wise, I'd rather not spend a crapton but somewhere middle to higher-middle.

Any suggestions?

That 8800 GT seems fine. "Superclocked" most likely means that it has 650MHz core instead of 600MHz core. Not a biggie, but little performance boost. Check around if you can find offers and so on from newegg or something. Not sure what's best place to buy in the yankland as I'm euro

^what he said

Just like the 7950GT is better than the low end 8xxx series cards (8400, 8600) - the 8800's are better than the 9600's

The answer to this question depends on what you're willing to spend. Since you didn't specify (at least in real numbers, I don't think newegg prices by "crapton"), everyone and their mom is going to tell you what video card they bought and why its the bestest.

Back