Stranded with Tribes 1.9 patch....

NightWear

Veteran X
I used the "free full game" dl from fileplanet to install Tribes 1, i was able to update to 1.9 but evreytime i try to patch or update ANYTHING high after click on the update exe i get this. top of the window says "16 bit Windows Subsystem" then inside the menu box says" C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applicatoins. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. All i believe this means is im running Windows XP and the update if suitable only for mac or a lower windows system, does ANYONE havea patch that will work for my T1+my system? if so PLZ DCC me the patch in mirc #wears @ irc.dynamix.com .

thanks for your time.
(note: ive read just about every thread reguarding a patch and the FAQS, been to TWL/TribaWar/Fileplanet downloaded every patch and only one that works is 1.8-1.9 all others i get the error message after a double click.)

From what i see in that i need the CD, i didn't buy T1, i downloaded it off fileplanet and looks like all tha tinformation is toward the CD-ROM which requires the Tribes 1 CD. :( if im wrong plz correct me.

There are two other ways to get around this. First way, open up your My Computer or whatever, then go to

1. C:\Windows\Repair
2. Ctrl+C the "autoexec.nt" file (copy it).
3. Go to C:\Windows\system32 or sometimes in the C:\Windows\system folder then just paste and overwrite any existing file of it.

The problem is fixed. You probably fixed it already, but meh.

You don't even need to patch it with the regular patch. Just download that Last Hope patch and drop it in your folder. Problem solved again. You'll probably missing some missions and maps or whatever though.

Back