[story time]: Wii Camping sucks butt dumplings

I checked my ToysRus the night before 7pm, 6 people in line. 4 for PS3's and 2 for Wii's. I figured, no way I"m waiting all night.

Come back 1:00am after some partying, figure all the diehards will be here by now.. only 2 more had shown up, so that's 4 for PS3 and 4 for Wii.

I decide to go home, sleep for a few hours, come back around 5:30am. I show up at 6am (3 hours before TRUS opens). Same group of people there.. hop in line.

People started showing up around 7:30am on. Line grew pretty big. The 4 PS3 peeps decided to get Wii's, suddenly my Wii didn't look so garaunteed. TRUS said they have 10, did a quick recount, I was #9.

That was for a pre-order. Waited 3 hours for a garanteed Wii.. worth it.

:)

The sams around here didn't have any wiis on launch day. I just went to target at 4 am with a camp chair and my nice warm sleeping bag, and got the 20th spot in line. One mother that was taking turns holding the spot ahead of me with her husband bought me coffee. I got my wii and felt great too.

dude, i totally saw you there saturday before closing, i was like "who is this chump waiting in line for."

I'm a student at UW and I was getting a flash drive to replace my broken one my roomate corrupted so I could do my presentation I had today.

i saw this on another forum...did you post it there to (can't remember, just saw it like 10 minutes ago though)

I sold mine, graphics are aweful. They should have released a wireless motion control remote for the gamecube and called it a day.

I did pretty much the same thing, except minus the snow, + a sleeping bag. I slept for probably 5 hours on the concrete after getting there at 12 am or so. Nice and cozy warm the whole time.

why cant tard companies release products during SUMMER time...say like mid July-August.

take note to everyone's new sigs....

I sold mine, graphics are aweful. They should have released a wireless motion control remote for the gamecube and called it a day.
sounds like someone needs to research their product before they buy it then

If you want to flex your e-peen with your graphical treadmill system, buy a ps3 and have games that bring nothing new to the table interactivity wise.

Depends on the group in line with you.. suggested you bring friends to hold your spot while you go. The line I was in for the Wii was full of really cool people, every 15 minutes we would rotate out to let others go warm up in their cars and hold their place in line, no one was being pissy about it.

Those people that camped for more than 12 hours however, that's a special breed of desperation that I cannot relate to. I had to stand in line for a little over 2 hours and it was painful.

Back