Story Time By Shadow(of)Death

Today we will be reading excerpts from a script code-named "Breaker". This was by no means a the popular choice, but I have my reasons for not posting the others. I was going to share "Explosion City" but since it wasn't actually written by me, it would have defeated the original purpose of doing this. So without further delay, excerpts from Breaker.

EXT. busy Seattle -- Morning

WILL (24) is walking through the crowded streets of Seattle towards his daily breakfast joint.

INT. Mom and Pops Breakfast Place -- MORNING

Will enters into the joint, and is greeted from across the room by a cook standing behind a counter.

Will picks up a newspaper, and helps himself to his booth, exchanging a smile with APRIL (19), a young, nervous waitress on his way.

APRIL (19) has her hair pulled back into pony tails and sports braces. Could use a tan.

On the front page of the newspaper the headline reads about the Seattle Mariners victory the night before. On the right side column is an article talking about time travel. It pictures the scientist Dr. Aiden who claims such is possible.

Arpil

(In a very immature and flirtatious voice.)

Hows them designs coming for that apartment tower you're working on? You going to have that thing built sometime before the next ice age?

April snickers a little at her own 'witty' remark.

Will smiles as kind gesture.

WILL

I present the plans to the senior partners tomorrow. Sad thing is that if everything goes well, I might become too big for a small time eatery like this. I'll probably have to start grabbing my breakfast at one of those joints where the eggs are caught in the wild, and when you ask a special request, they look at you in disgust. You know, one of those joints where it's almost

WILL Cont.

like the owners hate their customers?

APRIL

You're so smart Mr. Mosley.

APRIL CONT'

I didn't even know places like that existed - but to tell you the truth, it doesn't sound too appealing to me.

Will just smiles back.

APRIL CONT'

Are you going to finally try something more exciting today Mr. Mosley?

April extends a menu towards Will.

Will

Nope. Just the usual two eggs, lightly buttered toast, and an OJ.

April retracts the menu back into her arms while jotting down "MOSELY - THE USUAL."

Will

Besides, today is the day that I propose. That's enough excitement for one day, and many more to come.

April isn't happy about the news and doesn't do a very good job of hiding it.

April

(In grumbling voice.)

I'll be back in a minute with your food.

INT. Car -- Later That day

Will is parked outside MARGES BEAUTY'S Hair Salon. He stares nervously at the ring in his lap.

EMMA (21), a hairdresser, emerges from the Salon towards Will's car. Will quickly hides the ring in the glove compartment.

Emma enters the car. The two lightly kiss.

Will

Any old ladies hair catch on fire today?

Emma

Sadly I must report not, but there was a boy with lice in his hair which would have been nice to put a torch to.

WILL

Great! We don't have to worry about dogs bringing fleas into the house, instead we have to worry about you bringing lice.

EMMA

Well if you ever actually get one of your designs built, maybe you will be able to buy me one of those lice removal kits for like $40.

WILL

And here I had plans to take you out for a nice dinner tomorrow night instead.

The two smile and once again peck.

INT. CAR -- SUN SETTING

Blackness. The sound of WATER FLOWING.

Images flash. Water FILLS the car. Will sees Emma through the water is still out. Blood marks the window where her head hit.

From the perspective of Will's eyese, he removes his seat belt, and struggles to free Emma. Will is successful.

...but, loses conciseness shortly after he reaches the surface of the water.

Screen washes out to bright white

INT. Hospital -- Mid Day

Camera POV is from Will's eyes. As the image comes back it is apparent that Will is in a hospital bed, looking up at the ceiling lights. /POV

Will sits up in his bed.

WILL

(weak voice)

Emma!

Will GROANS.

A nurse comes rushing into the room.

WILL CONT.

Emma!

Nurse 1

Take it easy Mr. Mosely.

NURSE 1(42) has red, almost orange hair, it a little too large for her white uniform, and isn't the easiest person to look at. Her voice comes off as naggy.

WILL

Where's Emma?

Nurse 1

You've been comatose for several days. If you can, please try to relax while you answer some questions.WILL

Get Emma in here.

Nurse 1

What year is it?

WILL

What?

Nurse

What year is it?

WILL

NuRse 1

Very good, who is the President?

WILL

Ombam - Why are you asking me these stupid questions? Please get Emma, I need to know she's alright.

Nurse 1

Your family has been contacted.

WILL

Is Emma alright?

Will tries to get up from the bed. The nurse holds him down.

Nurse 1

Mr. Will - Please. We need you to remain stable.

NURSE 1 Cont.

The young woman that was with you did not make it. I'm sorry.

Will shakes his head.

WILL CONT.

(Struggling to breath)

No. (pause) No!

Screen Goes black

INT. Dr. Aiden's Lab

The lab while very sterile looking, everything looks like it hasn't been changed since the 1950's. Everything has an authentic retro look to it.

Dr. Aiden is at the chalk board going over some calculations when Will, clean shaven and on par with how he looked before the incident, enters the room.

The doctor again cleans his glasses and looks over Will.

DR. AIDEN

Are you ready to change history?

WILL

What do I have to lose?

Dr. Aiden smiles and steps away from his chalk board.

DR. AIDEN

I've just finished the calculations. You will be sent back in time exactly three hours before the incident.

Rain is POURING. Lightening CRACKLES. Thunder ROARS. The waves CRASH against the rocks.

Will walks to the end of the breaker, just a few hundred yards from the road that he and Emma veered off. Will, from the end of the breaker, looks at the doomed spot.

WILL

Why? Why did this have to happen like this?

Will looks up at the sky.

WILL

(Yelling.)

Why can't you let me have this one?! Why give me hope, only to rip it away? God, if you're out there, you have one messed up personality.

Will looks down, laughs hysterically.

WILL

No. There is no God. No. It's the entire universe that is out to screw with me. People die - who am I to think that I could be exempt? Yet here I am.

Will looks back to the sky. Raises his hands above his head.

WILL

Here I am!

Will looks out at the storming ocean.

WILL

Except, I refuse to play this game. If something somewhere, whether it be the universe or God, or something else, it they wanted Emma dead and myself alive - then I will have beaten them.

Will jumps off the end of the breaker into the ocean, and starts swimming away from safety. He struggles to stay afloat.

WILL

I am in control. I will play this game no more!

Will struggles for a minute more, but soon succumbs to the drowning waters of the ocean.

Screen washes out to bright white

INT. Hospital -- Mid Day

Camera POV is from Will's eyes. As the image comes back it is apparent that Will is in a hospital bed, looking up at the ceiling lights. /POV

Will sits up in his bed.

WILL

(weak voice)

No! No! No! This can't be!

Will GROANS.

A nurse comes rushing into the room.

WILL CONT.

I don't want this. Unhook these machines!

Will starts pulling different tubes from his body.

Nurse 2

Take it easy Mr. Mosely.

NURSE 2(50) has white hair, presses button to get more assistance.

WILL

Why couldn't you have left me be?

Nurse 2

You've been comatose for some time now. If you can, please try to relax while you answer some questions.

WILL

I just want to die.

Nurse 2

What is your name?

WILL

What?

Nurse 2

What is your name?

WILL

Will Mosely

NuRse 2

Very good. To your recollection, how long has it been since the accident?

WILL

It wasn't an accident. I wanted to die, right there in the Ocean.

Nurse 2 is visibly upset by Will's last response.

Nurse 2

Your family has been contacted.

WILL

Family?

Will tries to get up from the bed. The nurse holds him down.

Nurse 2

Mr. Mosely please, you haven't moved in three years. Your legs and body have atrophied.

NURSE 2 Cont.

Your body is very weak.

Will looks down to see his skeleton of a body, and then passes out.

Screen Goes Black

That's enough to give you some clue as to what the story is about while still being completely confused as to the more unique elements of my "time travel" movie. I apologize that formatting didn't copy over very gracefully.

I don't think when he wakes from his coma the first thing he'd think about is Emma. Short-term memory is kind of lost after a blackout. I would think he would be wondering where he's at or what happened, then he'd come to the realization he was with someone.

Disclaimer: Did not read fully.

3508439399_fab030ceed.jpg

You need to take pointers for James Cameron when making a time travel flick, bringing up "who's the President?" questions is just fucking lame.

i think screen writing works better with your style than a narrative
because it's ok if it sucks, since it isn't what is the final product

Why would you do this to yourself? :shrug:

Don't see the big deal. I don't live in some delusional world where I'm some fantastic writer. I enjoy creating stories, and I think to that end I'm pretty good; which you're not going to be able to grasp from these snippets. Unfortunately I lack the talent to write these stories out. I only do so in the rough form you see above so that I can work out the details of the story further, and perhaps someday I can find someone to work with that can do something more with these stories. If not, I've enjoyed myself all the same.

:shrug:

Reactions: God
SoD , can you send me the story in its entirety please, i can't wait to see what happens - come on bud !

Back