SS2845 Interview

Plasma

Veteran X
We have a SS2845 Interview up, check it out at http://www.bittah.com/articles/content/ss2845_interview/

Coming in at six pages, we have some good information on the reasons for the recent engine change, how development was effected, plans for any community features, patch support, the status of the now defunct Tribes: Vengeance mod which was originally going to be released instead of this new stand alone game, important questions for mappers reguarding auto-downloading of content, and more.

We also have two exclusive render shots of some of the vehicles to be used.

Last edited:
man I dont recall seeing a screenshot of the Cybrid infantry unit.. that rocks lol

keep the shit comin :O (and dont cancel the project plz omfg ill ctrl+k irl)

trajan said:
Per request, we're planning on releasing some of the vehicle code we came up with to the T:V community at large, probably by the time this makes it to print or shortly thereafter. We will not be releasing the full ATR source code for the very reason that it is now obsolete, and others.

Oh...HELL YES! :)

At this point we are also considering having some kind of player and squad/clan profile registration setup that’s kept on the master servers that’s very similar if not identical to what Tribes 2 has.

We are also spending lots of time on the observer functions. It is our outlook that having robust support for shoutcasting and other forms of in-game coverage is important to the longevity and overall health of the community attached to the game. Just recently, before we switched to Torque, we had a discussion with some experienced shoutcasters on our forums and got feedback from them on what features they would like to see made available for observers. We got quite a few replies, and we will be compiling an initial list of features to give to the coder in charge of implementing the observer functions based on this info. We will also be holding a “roundtable discussion” via Ventrilo with some of these guys sometime in the near future for even more feedback.

And one other thing I think I should mention, and this is not so much a “community feature” per se but something that is important to the longevity of the game and peace of mind of its players. We are working on making sure that server operators have strong (emphasis on strong) security and banning tools at their disposal to handle troublemakers and miscreants. As some of us have run game servers in the past (including myself), this is a serious concern with us and something we are spending a lot of time and effort on.

only on the first page and already im happy.And it should be atleast par with t2 and better then tv.

Last edited:
Trajan said:
Per request, we're planning on releasing some of the vehicle code we came up with to the T:V community at large, probably by the time this makes it to print or shortly thereafter.
:o:

Back