Sri Lanka bombings

Mitchdubai

Poop
Veteran XV
Surprised there's no thread about this. One of my HR team was in the restaurant where the guy blew himself up at the restaurant buffet. She has shrapnel injuries, but she's been flown back to Dubai today for treatment. A good mate of mine checked out of same hotel for a flight 3 hours before it all kicked off. Sheer coincidence. My maid is from Sri Lanka and is pretty devastated about the whole thing.

Been there on vacation, it's a fabulous place, happy lot of people despite the hardship and poverty most of them face. This will destroy the tourist industry for many years and put a lot of people out of business.

Whoever's God is more right than yours though, that's the important thing. Fucking mentalists.

dt.jpg

Thought you might relate to this better then simply calling you ShitBitch

bombings = bad
shootings = bad
people who bomb or shoot people = pieces of shit
are other people in same ethnic group as the above responsible = no

Debate resolved.

I've lived here for a year, it's not good at the moment. There's always been underlying religious tensions here and it occasionally flares up. Something like this has the potential to really ignite something. From a tourism point of view it certainly will hurt, basically what the country is dependant on.

The government blacked out social media as soon as it happened and haven't lifted it yet, also declared a state of emergency.

Back