[Sports] Your favorite athletes

Krakbaby said:
bill_laimbeer_200.jpg

He was my baseball coach for a few years (; So I guess I do have to say him too.

merckx.jpg

Eddy Merckx - the greatest cyclist ever. Lance may live for the tour, but his record in all the big races will always pale in comparison to Merckx's accomplishments. Merckx wasn't a one-race pony, and raced to win in everything, and usually did. My boyhood idol.

(SC)Barry_Sanders_Photo.jpg

Barry Sanders - the most impressive and crazy moves I've ever seen in any sport - he just plain used people. And I hate the Detroit Lions. It doesn't matter.

t1_klinsmann_all.jpg

Jürgen Klinsmann - excellent athlete, excellent person; I had the pleasure of watching him in Munich back in the day.

Mario Lemieux, such an awesome athelete/gentleman

lemieux.jpg

Joe Carter, gave Toronto some of its best sporting moments in recent memory, another class act

ph_carter_joe_200x200.jpg

Bobby Orr, enough said

bobb_orr.jpg

Pinball Clemons, so generous and awesome you think its just the best and longest con job ever, he's unbelievable, much respect for this guy

pinballlarge.jpg

Wendel Clark, a rare reason to cheer for the Leafs in a dark era

clark.jpg

BASEBALL:

Jack Mcdowell (Black Jack)
Clemens (he's a dick, but boy does he win)
HoJo
John Franco
Scotty Brosius

HOCKEY:

Brodeur
Leech
Bookeboom

FOOTBALL:

Montana
Rice
Roger Craig
Ronny Lott
Marvin Hanks
Bo
Sweetness
Barry Sanders

BASKETBALL:

David Robinson
Bibby
Worthy
Xavier McDaniels
Donielle Marshall, Scotty Burrell, Donny Marshall, Rip Hamilton, Okafor, Gordon, Ray Allen, Cliff Robinson,

Other

Danny Mills,
Pele,
Michael Owen

Andy MacDonald

Lance Armstrong

Few others... i'll brainstorm more.

I like Malone, but Reggie is a far fiercer competitor and had far less keys to the puzzle in working toward his championships than Malone did. Malone just flat out dicked up Game 6 vs. the bulls in 96. Reggie has singlehandedly won games and still fallen short from a simple lack of tools.

I just want Reggie to get a ring before he retires, I don't care how.

edit: Also note, unlike Malone, Reggie did not sell his soul for a ring - the Lakers offered him a spot (which would have gotten them a win, by the way,) but he turned it down to remain a Pacer - to the chagrin of his sister.

reggie is the most annoying faggot in the sports world. i could go on forever with adjective that negatively describe him

but i will give him the credit for having skill and a hard working attitude.

currently

Football:
Offense - LaDanian Tomlinson
Defense - Ray Lewis

Basketball:
Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and Manu Ginobili.

Baseball:
Prior, Johnson, and Pedro.

Most my favorites are guys I watched growing up in Colorado, the rest are athletes I admired because of my father's admiration for them. There not in any particular order after #1.

1. John Elway
2. Vince Coleman
3. Mickey Mantle
4. Stan Musial
5. Lou Brock
6. Steve Atwater
7. Larry Bird
8. Michael Jordan
9. Glyn Milburn

Edit:
10. Larry Walker
11. Todd Helton

Last edited:
Oh, he's a trashtalker, and a big one. He'd walk into Madison Square Garden and say 'I'ma light you niggas the hell up,' on camera, in front of the world...

...and then he'd go on the court and light them niggas the hell up, to the tune of 8 points in 13 seconds, and 25 in the fourth quarter, or whatever it was.

I live in Chicago. I was a loyal Bulls fan since i was born ('86,) and I rooted for Reggie Against the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals, because Reggie's competetive ebullience was so intriguing to me.

Back