Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter

^ looks like you were having fun :D

We're in Formula F (Technically one of our cars is a Club Ford, which is basically a vintage FF).

During the Pitt weekend we entered both our primary race series (Right Coast Formula Ford) as well as the Pro series (F1600) just to get more track time.

RCFFS is more laid back, have fun, lots of track time, racing where we don't bother to do pre/post race inspections and typically all the drivers and crew get together for beers and dinner at the end of each day. F1600 is serious business where you mostly have teenagers in pro teams getting experience and trying to move up to Formula Atlantics or Indy Lights. We were running near the top by the end of the weekend in RCFFS, and in a 3-way battle for last in F1600 :)

Here's footage from one of the F1600 races.

Someone was spitting oil at the start and it coated the camera, so over the race distance image quality degraded as dirt/dust got stuck to the oil. Early laps are good.

It was my first time at Pitt, so I couldn't pick out the changes. However, the driver above has been going there since the short track days, and he was loving the changes.

We had a few guys in our series taking out cones at one time or another. Someone knocked a cone on to the racing line at turn 1. Everyone was going inside/outside trying to figure out which line had become the quickest. Until the two leaders went into the corner side by side and launched the cone. It landed upright inline with the other cones at the side of the track and the corner workers left it there for the remainder of the weekend.

Usually track videos look slow but open wheel racing looks crazy. Similar line to mine, light car ftw

You should run the Schenley Park PVGP if you qualify with the vintage Ford. It's a great weekend, would love to drive the course in something sometime.

Yeah, FFs haven't got very much power (Ford Kent or detuned Honda Fit engines) but only weight 1100lbs. It's all about carrying speed through the corners and keeping up the momentum.

We're trying to negotiate running some RCFFS events with the vintage guys next year. From what I've heard they've been a real pain... they don't seem to realize that their purism is killing their numbers. We're proposing that they just treat the race as a multi-class affair (vintage and open classes running together). We'll see.

One of the cars is close to meeting their requirements, but we'd still have to get new their tires and wheels... which may open a can of worms if it interferes with the current brakes, etc. The other car is a home-built one of a kind, and is too modern in design to run unless they decide to allow an open class.

I'd like to see more pics of the work you're putting into the car when you do so :)

I accidentally recorded over my dashcam video, so this is all I've got. Yeah I know the camera sucks at metering. This is my last track day of the year, I wasn't motivated to replace it yet.

Boring is fast(er). These laps are pretty boring. I had much more aggressive laps but that didn't do much than quicken the tire wear.

These two laps are 2 seconds faster than my previous best. I didn't run a whole lot of laps faster than 2:06. I had brake problems all weekend. I also had a fun 4 hour electrical problem in between the two days. I started to lose power due to the temps on day 2, tires were greasy, brakes were spongy.

This weekend I'm at the Lotus Driving Academy in Hethel, GB. Lotus home track.

They got bought by Geely, Chinese company that owns Volvo. Should reinvigorate the company. They lost some of their more well known engineers unfortunately.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Went to the Lotus Driving Academy in Hethel, GB. Toured the factory and saw some pre-production cars being tested. Got a few hours of track time on the test track plus a lot of car control exercises and demonstrations.

Drove a new Exige, holy shit does that thing have a lot of torque. It is an absolute rocket.

I have a handful of videos but don't have time to upload right now.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Went to the Lotus Driving Academy in Hethel, GB. Toured the factory and saw some pre-production cars being tested. Got a few hours of track time on the test track plus a lot of car control exercises and demonstrations.

Drove a new Exige, holy shit does that thing have a lot of torque. It is an absolute rocket.

I have a handful of videos but don't have time to upload right now.

Very cool, good on you man.

:)

Back