[SPEC] Yet another rogue thread ...

Error|550

Veteran X
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

OK, before you slam me for having some horribly awful spec, let me tell you what I'm trying to do:

1) I like SF for the increased energy, imp Kidney Shot, CP generation;
2) I like Combat/Daggers for increased off-hand, dagger crit and Riposte;
3) I like Imp Sap for probably obvious reasons.

Basically, I am not trying to be a leather-wearing warrior (e.g. massive dps) as much as I want to hit from stealth, mid-to-high burst damage, generate CP quickly and stun lock a caster if I can.

So, yeah, trying to have it all and probably screwing my rogue in the process which is why I came here ...

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

:D

P.S. I took Imp Poison as my theory is that improving the damage your poisons do is of less value than increasing your chance to apply them.

P.P.S. Yeah, I know ... "Riposte is a waste of points!" ... well, it has saved my bacon a number of times so I'm ambivalent on that item.

So I take it this is a just PvP-daggers based build, but you want Riposte as well?
I'll just say right off the bad it will be bad for everything, except maybe when you get the jump on some guy in Outlands. Even then it's not really worth it. I'll link a few specs.

First off, this is my pvp daggers build:

Prep daggers, aka Seal Fate/Premed. Pretty standard, but there's a reason why - it rocks, and prep is exceptional in arenas.

If I were going to do something that you're going for (dagger based with imp sap) I'd probably just go Muti. You'd lose DW spec unless you went full raid (41/20) but it's a really good spec for bg pvp and 5 mans (heroic/regular).

That's with riposte, but when I was muti/imp sap for a weekend I went with this:
Basically the same, except dropping riposte for finishing SnD and grabbing precision - it's a more PvE (5 man) based build.

Edit - Depending on what you're doing (PvE or PvP) Imp. Evis is really situational; a mutilate pve rogue SHOULD be using envenom in place of evis (4400 envenoms on gruul = gg), so those 3 points could be put into Murder/Imp. Expose whatever. But since you're more focused on PvP I threw in 3/3 Imp. Evis.

Last edited:
If you are going daggers, especially for pvp, your main goal is to be stunlocking, not fighting someone in the front where you will need to riposte them, that, imo is a huge waste of points. If you want to go strictly pvp daggers, go 41 sub. If you want average damage with a good chance of staying alive, go mutilate. If you want good damage and average pvp spec, go combat daggers.

BTW, do you still play on kalecgos?

I guess maybe my central issue is that I've been Combat/Daggers for so long that I'm concerned about my DPS once I drop Dual-Wield and Dagger specializations.

Granted it's not all that expensive to retrain, especially at post-BC cashflow rates, but I guess I'm still trying to figure out how to hang on to the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the links!

:D

If you are going daggers, especially for pvp, your main goal is to be stunlocking, not fighting someone in the front where you will need to riposte them, that, imo is a huge waste of points. If you want to go strictly pvp daggers, go 41 sub. If you want average damage with a good chance of staying alive, go mutilate. If you want good damage and average pvp spec, go combat daggers.

BTW, do you still play on kalecgos?

I haven't logged in Kalecgos since BC came out as I've been working on getting my Rogue and Hunters toons to 70.

Yeah, dunno if I'll end up Muti or Hemo but I'm guessing I'm 2-3 re-specs away from figuring out what fits me that isn't Combat/Daggers.

I still have 2 levels of PvE to hit 70 on my rogue so a PvP respec isn't all that important just yet, but I'm finding that even as Combat/Daggers I'm wishing I had more CP generation/stun-locking ability.

Back