speaking of dubai

Thresh

Contributor
Veteran XX
would you move there if you were
  • single
  • athiest
  • drunk

and you were going to get paid 10k a month to work and live there?

I lived there for 5 months (Abu Dhabi, close enough). You could not pay me enough to go back.

Do you like wakeboarding or tubing in raw human sewage?

You should go anyway - you can always leave if you don't like it. Or maybe not cos u will probably break some arcane law and be rotting away locked in a shipping container nursing your stoning wounds.

Well... If I were actually Thresh I probably wouldn't go there. They don't like alcoholics, gays, or bisexuals there.

10k a month? I'd probably do it for a year or two and then come back.

thats not that much for a salary over there... unless thats after taxes or something
:x
obv depends on what youre making now, of course...

10k clean money per month yeah I guess I'd move if I was single. Then again depends what the actual living expenses are. If you can clamp down and save your pennies for a year or two you'd come back with decent cash.

But it would have to be a beneficial career move too. Its not like 10k/mo is rich, you'd have to come back with cash and experience.

thats not that much for a salary over there... unless thats after taxes or something

I don't think they have taxes over there, so that 10k is a pure 10k. At least that's how I understand it from Mitch's posts.

my friends dad went there for work 2-3 years ago

decided not to come back

his family lost the house because he stopped paying the mortgage, he divorced his wife, hooked up with some young azn gold digger

gg

Its a different world over there. Going over and being single is a lot rougher than you would expect. If you are into the western social life than it would probably a tad bit rough, but other than that it wouldn't be too bad.

Of course, I've only been to Dubai 4 times and am by no means an expert.

the 10k includes housing and transportation allowance, and I would be sharing with another coworker to save on housing (pocket more cash)

I think the first 90k is tax free

as a soon to be 4th year regional pilot, not 10k a month

my friends dad went there for work 2-3 years ago

decided not to come back

his family lost the house because he stopped paying the mortgage, he divorced his wife, hooked up with some young azn gold digger

gg

that's an asshole move of epic proportions. welp! fuck that family, i'm making a new one!

Back