SP2 Uninstall?

Gibe

Veteran XV
is there a way? if so, how? this shit sucks. id like to avoid formatting... but if there isnt another way, i will.

If there is a way (which I extremely, highly doubt), it would be under add/remove programs. Many hotfixes can be removed from there, but I doubt a service pack could. I don't have SP2 so I can't check. Some program may come about like the DirectX uninstaller to do it, but I don't know of any at the moment.

But you don't have to format; all you have to do is reinstall XP.

BTW, SP2 does one good thing, it's a good fix for the JPEG virus problem. It also has a lot of updates too that keep you up to date. It may be annoying,but it doesn't take up any system resources you'd notice.

Ixiterra said:
If there is a way (which I extremely, highly doubt), it would be under add/remove programs. Many hotfixes can be removed from there, but I doubt a service pack could. I don't have SP2 so I can't check. Some program may come about like the DirectX uninstaller to do it, but I don't know of any at the moment.

But you don't have to format; all you have to do is reinstall XP.

awesome, add/remove had it and it worked like a charm.

PlaZmaSnake said:
BTW, SP2 does one good thing, it's a good fix for the JPEG virus problem. It also has a lot of updates too that keep you up to date. It may be annoying,but it doesn't take up any system resources you'd notice.

not really the point, as i had a few programs i need to be able to run that wouldnt.

Back