SP2 is fucking up my computer

Bukuroshitai

Veteran X
Is there a way to downgrade or some shit? I have 512 megs of ram and it is using 307 of them when all I have open is Trillian and winamp...

this is retarded

any of you guys figure a way around this shit? What stuff can I turn off from the Task Manager-one of the "new" svchost.exe files was using 24, 000 K memory

halp me111

sp1 > sp2

i never even thought of upgrading...Windows updates are just bad news

but yea i think you can rollback to sp1....use System Recovery ....but it will roll back to the day you installed sp2

Jamezeo said:
sp1 > sp2

i never even thought of upgrading...Windows updates are just bad news

but yea i think you can rollback to sp1....use System Recovery ....but it will roll back to the day you installed sp2

Ok, so you say Windows updates are always bad news, yet you are using one?

Depending on what version of Winamp you are using, it could very well be taking up some serious resources. Im not using as much as you, and I have fraps, MSN messenger, and two instances of Firefox open. Have you checked for spyware... ?

This is probably a dumb question, but I recently put in a new HD. Unfortunately I didn't adjust the update setting to 'alert me of new updates but do not download' instead of 'download updates then prompt before installation'.
Problem being: SP2 is on my hard drive somewhere taking up space but I don't want to install it....is there a safe way I can find the file and just delete it?

I have yet ot have a problem on all 4 of the computers in the house that have SP2 installed. But they all were done with the network version not the crappy windows update crap

u bitchez w/o problems are lucky (bitches)

Ok, for some reason the tribes beta works now (w00t) after the sp2 install...odd...

uhm...I have SP2 and have Winamp, 2 P2P programs, 3 tabs in firefox, thunderbird, AIM, YIM, and an antivirus running, and I'm using 205MB RAM.

Point your finger to some other cause.

Back