Souper Bowl

Skibbi9

Contributor
Veteran XX
So the grantland guys are doing a Souper bowl tournament to kill some time (you see this with rock groups, rappers, superheroes, etc)

Souper Bowl I: Alphabet Falls to Hot and Sour - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

i

Who you got in the final four?

The first day of Souper Bowl I saw only one significant upset, as the old men from Tomato used a combination of ugly post moves, spot-up jumpers, and "blue collar"-ness to take down Broccoli Cheddar. Before action began Monday morning, many tournament pundits were wondering how Broccoli Cheddar received such a high ranking in the first place, as it is more of a tertiary soup. If you replaced the broccoli in Broccoli Cheddar with any other stalky vegetable, would it be diminished in any way? If you ordered it in a restaurant and the waiter brought you Potato Cheddar soup instead, would you really care? Does Broccoli Cheddar really have an identity on its own? Or is it the University of North Carolina at Greensboro of soups?

All these doubts caught up with Broccoli Cheddar, as it fell to a Tomato squad that was playing without its best player, Grilled Cheese Sandwich. In fact, Grilled Cheese's impact on the success of Tomato is so overwhelming that experts have begun openly wondering if Tomato would even exist without Grilled Cheese

corn chowder is gonna make a run, they got put in a weak bracket

also split pea soup is poised for a massive upset

there is a restaurant named Souper Bowl in my hometown. I'm not a gigantic soup fan so I've never eaten there.

Back