sony xperia z3

My S4 just shit itself and died. I too would like to know what I need to get in its place. Starting to believe that Huawei is the future. I work with them as a client, and everything they do is very impressive.

My S4 just shit itself and died. I too would like to know what I need to get in its place. Starting to believe that Huawei is the future. I work with them as a client, and everything they do is very impressive.

yeah looks like their devices are starting to catch on over here

oh wait

In the US, Huawei has been challenged due to concerns of United States security officials that Huawei-made telecommunications equipment is designed to allow unauthorized access by the Chinese government and the Chinese People's Liberation Army,[148][149][150][151] given that Ren Zhengfei, the founder of the company, served as an engineer in the army in the early 1980s.[152] In the United Kingdom, the Conservative Party raised concerns about security over Huawei’s bid for Marconi in 2005,[150] and the company's equipment was mentioned as an alleged potential threat in a 2009 government briefing by Alex Allan, chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee.[153] In December 2010, Huawei opened a Cyber Security Evaluation Centre to test its hardware and software to ensure they can withstand growing cyber security threats.[154][155] In the U.S., some members of Congress raised questions about the company's proposed merger with communications company 3Com in 2008,[156] and its bid for a Sprint contract in 2010.[152] In addition, Huawei withdrew its purchase of 3Leaf systems in 2010, following a review by the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment (CFIUS).[149]

In October 2011, the Wall Street Journal reported that Huawei had become Iran's leading provider of telecommunications equipment, including monitoring technologies that could be used for surveillance.[166] Huawei responded with a statement claiming the story misrepresented the company's involvement: "We have never been involved and do not provide any services relating to monitoring or filtering technologies and equipment anywhere in the world".[167]

In December 2011, Bloomberg reported that the U.S. is invoking Cold War-era national security powers to force telecommunication companies including AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. to divulge confidential information about their networks in a hunt for Chinese cyber-spying, with Richard Falkenrath, a senior fellow in the Council on Foreign Relations Cyberconflict and Cybersecurity Initiative, saying, "This is beyond vague suspicions...Congress is now looking at this as well, and they’re doing so based on very specific material provided them in a classified setting by the National Security Agency." The action represents a concern that China and other countries may be using their growing export sectors to develop built-in spying capabilities in U.S. networks. The U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence said it would investigate potential security threats posed by some foreign companies, and mentioned Huawei specifically. A spokesman for Huawei said that the company conducts its businesses according to normal business practices and actually welcomed the investigation.[168]

In July 2012, Felix Lindner and Gregor Kopf gave a conference at Defcon to announce that they uncovered several critical vulnerabilities in Huawei routers (models AR18 and AR29)[178] which could be used to get remote access to the device. The researchers said that Huawei "doesn't have a security contact for reporting vulnerabilities, doesn't put out security advisories and doesn't say what bugs have been fixed in its firmware updates", and as a result, the vulnerabilities have not been publicly disclosed. Huawei replied that they were investigating the claims.[179]

On 8 October 2012, a US House Intelligence Committee panel issued a report describing Huawei as a "national security threat" due to its alleged ties to various Chinese governmental agencies. The panel's report suggested that Huawei should "be barred from doing business with the US government", and additionally alleged that the telecom manufacturer had committed "potential violations" related to immigration, bribery, corruption, and copyright infringement.[180]

On 9 October 2012, a spokesman for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper indicated that the Canadian government invoked a national security exception to exclude Huawei from its plans to build a secure government communications network.[181]

On 19 July 2013, Michael Hayden, former head of U.S. National Security Agency and director of Motorola Solutions, said he was aware of hard evidence of spying activity by Huawei. Huawei and Motorola Solutions had previously been engaged in intellectual property disputes for a number of years. Huawei's global cybersecurity Officer, John Suffolk, described the comments made by Hayden as "tired, unsubstantiated, defamatory remarks" and challenged him and other critics to present any evidence publicly.[182][183]

In 2014 the New York Times reported, based upon documents leaked by Edward Snowden, that the U.S. National Security Agency has since 2007 been operating a covert program against Huawei. This involved breaking into Huawei's internal networks, including headquarter networks and founder Ren Zhengfei's communications.[184]

Thanks for sharing. S5 it is then.

Edit: Seriously though, they're probably all at it to varying degrees.

LG G3 is the phone to get.

Your S4 shit the bed and you wanna give Samsung more of your money LOL

I'm liking the G3 but water proof and dust resistant would be an incredible feature to have without having to need a huge case for it . S5 is tempting.
Need more water proof /dust resistant competitors.

LG G3 is the phone to get.

Your S4 shit the bed and you wanna give Samsung more of your money LOL
My S3 is still going strong. There are going to be phones that crap out with any manufacturer. The more phones they have out there the more some will crap out.

I'll be getting another Samsung when I decide to upgrade. Unless someone comes out with something better by that time.

My S3 is still going strong. There are going to be phones that crap out with any manufacturer. The more phones they have out there the more some will crap out.

I'll be getting another Samsung when I decide to upgrade. Unless someone comes out with something better by that time.

my s3 was still going strong a couple weeks ago. best phone i ever owned. i don't blame it for the shitty sprint service it received.

now i have an s5 and verizon, and i'm loving it too.

6958317.01.prod.jpg

that is my phone^^^^^^^

not kidding

i dont knwo what it is but phones have no appeal to me.

look how kewl i am

I have a Sony Xperia - the Bluetooth music streaming is patchy.
It's a nice phone but to be honest - I prefer my iPhone

I have the current version as well, being waterproof is the only thing I really like about it. The volume doesn't go as high as a samsung s5 either.

it's a slick design, can use a ps3 controller, few other neat things like that, I'd only get one if you have a ps3/ps4 though, or must have the waterproof.

I haven't lost a phone to a water incident since my old BB fell into the pool while I was drunk. Are they water resistant or totally dunk proof? P cool, but wouldn't be a priority. IMO the number 1 thing with a non-Google Play phone should be community support... cause if the manufacturer overlay is shit, you have a good way out.

I was looking at z3 too because of the camera which they claim to have the highest ISO in the market

but i probably won't switch phones till this one breaks since im a responsible consumer

I haven't lost a phone to a water incident since my old BB fell into the pool while I was drunk. Are they water resistant or totally dunk proof? P cool, but wouldn't be a priority. IMO the number 1 thing with a non-Google Play phone should be community support... cause if the manufacturer overlay is shit, you have a good way out.
Straight up dunk in the pool
Edit : or washing machine?

Last edited:
Back