sony 40" 1080p lcd hdtv, 80 Gb ps3, and 5.1 surround

Samsung is the offical HDTV of the NFL.

Also, atleast the Bravia line of Sony's are made in the same factory as the Samsung LCDs.

46" samsungs are going for $1100 shipped from frys (out of stock right now i think). so $800 extra for the ps3, 5.1, and a smaller tv. not exactly a good deal if you ask me, unless that 5.1 surround system is fucking awesome.

It is sony...i hardly believe it would be awesome.

Just get it. I just bought the following:

Olevia 1080p 42" LCD
PS3 40GB
Madden 09
NBA Live 08
GTA 4

for about 1k thanks to CL and slickdeals

I bought that very Samsung for $1100 shipped 3 months ago :(

whatever, I love the TV... can't whine about electronics coming down in price.

bad idea. tv prices are going to drop a shit ton in the next 6 months, esp by xmas

Yeah I read the posts, including the article posted here. The thing is, I have a gift card that expires soonish that I wanted to get rid of and I'm already saving $700-800 from the msrp. I went to Best Buy to try to price match it ( Samsung - 52" 1080p 120Hz Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - LN52A650 ) but they wouldn't so I just bought it from Newegg and bought 4 year warranty there.

I could be completely wrong here so don't quote me on this but from what I can tell via online retailers, the lower model lcd/plasmas seem to be going down a LOT in price every 2 weeks or so while the higher models not so much if not just same price. I don't buy a tv often so I wanted to get the best I can for my money, but if I just wanted a smaller tv for a bedroom or something, I'd wait until Black Friday and after.

Back