Solicitiing new vehicle purchase advice

Sariel

Veteran XX
Currently driving a loaded 98 honda accord ex with about 36k miles (luckily I lived close to work), so hoping to get a good trade in value if I do buy a new vehicle.

Moved into a new home late last year and finding a car just doesn't cut it for alot of around the home activities/purchases. Am sure my friends are getting tired of me calling them up to haul mulch, furniture, etc...

Mainly looking to buy either a truck or suv. Any experience either way? Which is "safer"? Not too concerned about mpg or 4wd. Just comfort/safety/cargo space.

Thanks for any input,

ToV VendettA said:
:closet:

(because you're a tool.)

Hi Vendetta!

How's the cheap insurance going that you have on your parents policy on that 9yr old POS you have that your parents probably bought for you that you still live with?

:wave:

I think the new Dodge 1500 and the 1/2 ton Tundra (do they make any bigger ones?) topped out on the safety ratings.

I drive a Ford that I love, and would never trade for a different rig right now. But the safety ratings are shittttttty.

Geck0 said:
Hi Vendetta!

How's the cheap insurance going that you have on your parents policy on that 9yr old POS you have that your parents probably bought for you that you still live with?

:rofl:

I have a Tacoma and love it. If you want more room for people go for the double cab but if you want to haul stuff get the extended cab

Geck0 said:
Hi Vendetta!

You suck at math sir. My sig clearly states that both of my cars are older than 9 years (1991 and 1986.)

My parents bought neither of them nor do they insure either of them. I am still in HS, so yes I live at home.

Nice try.

I can not stress this more...DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR CAR TO A DEALERSHIP...you will get a better deal out of it if you sell it privately. Then use the money you get and use it towards the new car.

ToV VendettA said:
You suck at math sir. My sig clearly states that both of my cars are older than 9 years (1991 and 1986.)

My parents bought neither of them nor do they insure either of them. I am still in HS, so yes I live at home.

Nice try.

GJ! So they are bigger P'sOS than I imagined.

So, you are still at high school eh? What FUN! Sure that you have your OWN insurance and that it isn't tacked on to daddys? :lol:

It must suck to have a car that's nearly as old as you are, yet not a classic. :rofl:

Because they are old they are pieces of shit? That's the worst logic I've ever heard.

My father doesn't live here so obviously I'm not on his policy. I am a second driver on my mom's though; I want to save money. That's bad? I'm insuring 2 cars.

And as far as "classic" goes, as an import I'd have to say the 86 is pretty classic.

ToV VendettA said:
Because they are old they are pieces of shit? That's the worst logic I've ever heard.

My father doesn't live here so obviously I'm not on his policy. I am a second driver on my mom's though; I want to save money. That's bad? I'm insuring 2 cars.

And as far as "classic" goes, as an import I'd have to say the 86 is pretty classic.

The defence rests.

1) you ARE on someone else's policy.
2) Owning 2 pices of shit |= a good car, if you owned 2 1956 - 69 mustangs I'd be impressed, but you don't.

3) Your father left because he hates you.

Geck0 said:
GJ! So they are bigger P'sOS than I imagined.

So, you are still at high school eh? What FUN! Sure that you have your OWN insurance and that it isn't tacked on to daddys? :lol:

It must suck to have a car that's nearly as old as you are, yet not a classic. :rofl:

You're seriously grasping here, if he had a new car you'd be like "awww did mommy and daddy buy your car? :lol: :rofl: :lol:"

Back