[Software] What do you guys use to sync your laptop+desktop?

Iamtehwalrus

Veteran XV
I've been trying to figure this out, but I haven't found anything good yet.

I've tried using Vista's SyncCenter, but either I'm retarded or vista's retarded because I can't get it to work

are there any programs where i can tell it to sync/not sync a specific file within a folder? I'm looking to sync firefox/thunderbird but I dont' want to sync cookies or anything like that

windows...

its called offline files

tried it, but it's missing or something? Checked the options and it's enabled, but when i try to do it, i don't see it. I even tried following a screenshot tutorial, but it seems the "make available offline" is missing from my context menu. i'm prolly fucking shit up tho... i have no clue how to use vista

Offline files is a feature offered by a server, you can't use it unless the server end supports it.

In either case, Offline files won't give you what you're looking for.

If you want your Firefox/Thunderbird to work the same amongst those two computers you need a piece of software that can sync specific locations and exclude certain files.

Offline Files won't give you that option.

Check out ViceVersa.

Offline files is a feature offered by a server, you can't use it unless the server end supports it.

In either case, Offline files won't give you what you're looking for.

If you want your Firefox/Thunderbird to work the same amongst those two computers you need a piece of software that can sync specific locations and exclude certain files.

Offline Files won't give you that option.

Check out ViceVersa.

k thanks i'll look into it

I'm really enjoying dropbox for that. I can sync items with my laptop while I'm at school and retrieve files that are on my computer back at home, select what files you want to sync, all that type of stuff, it works really well.

I don't see any reason to keep them synchronized ...

justmakes thigns a little easier
for firefox, i mostly want synchronization for my bookmarks, noscript exceptions, and my adblock listw

and for thunderbird, i use IMAP (doesn't need to be synced), but i needa keep my lightning calendar synced

and i needa keep docs/etc synced of course

Back