[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

saw highlights of that mexico panama game on ives' blog

Aguirre the Mexico manager basically kicked a panama player

stuck his leg out as the ball was almost out of bounds

wow

check it out if you haven't seen it

I've never done fantasy league anything. Started a team, joined the TW league. Looks fun.

:)

Those interested, Snaps posted back on page 13.

TribalWar Fantasy Football 09/10 Season:

fantasy.premierleague.com

League ID:
37871-12075

118865.jpg

Panama's Blas Perez (who scored Panama's tying goal) was injured on the field in the 90th minute after he was hit from an object thrown from the crowd. Medical staff brought out a stretcher. As Perez was carried off the field, Mexican fans unleashed another barrage of cups and beer bottles and Perez fell off the stretcher. See picture below.

ahaahaha @ the spic cop laughing

a shutout is worth more than a goal, so you'd figure the defense+goalie contributes 40-60% of a team's total points.

and snaps has it all banked on fulham...

sorry to interrupt EPL faggotry with MLS, but did anyone see the Montero goal from SEA vs. HOU? I was at the game, but didn't have a good angle to see the disputed goal.

Didn't see it but after reading through the thread so far, if there were a southeast team I would definitely go see them. Tickets would be relatively inexpensive and it would be really cool to try and contribute to a developing fan base

a shutout is worth more than a goal, so you'd figure the defense+goalie contributes 40-60% of a team's total points.

and snaps has it all banked on fulham...

Like I would listen to anything you have to say, but lets just break this down for a moment.

I love the fact you say that 3 players consist of "40-60%" of your total points. It could me under half, over half, who knows? Thanks for that statement genius. Maybe 3/11 players is only 27% of my total points?

And here is something may just flip your mind. What if Arshavin (C) sets up a free kick to Van Persie for a goal. Zomg two players get points at once!?! Say it isn't so! That must be like 60% of all my points right there!

Oh also, "and it all rest of Fulham." Really? Because I could have sworn I have (3) Arsenal, Everton, Fulham and (2) Liverpool in my starting eleven.

So basically, as always, you are talking complete rubbish. I purposely built a very offensive minded squad. I hoped you would have been able to grasp that concept when you saw three defenders in the back.

Enjoy your team of mediocrity.

Also, in regards to Denilson: This is Fantasy Football. You can only spend so many points and he will get plenty of play time and worth the value he is rated at. Especially when Champions League starts coming around and players are rested in the league he will be in there earning while Fabregas will be on the bench.

You swear as if having a player on my FF team is like declaring me his number one fan.

Last edited:
Didn't see it but after reading through the thread so far, if there were a southeast team I would definitely go see them. Tickets would be relatively inexpensive and it would be really cool to try and contribute to a developing fan base

there are (or were) southeast teams that play in the USL, if an MLS team ever comes it'll either be in Miami or Atlanta

Back