so who is best dueller in t1

haha, number 1 for sure in annihilation, but in base, no where near top.

i would say im good at base duel, but not as good as the top players. with time ill get better. im still pretty new in base compared to most of you guys here.

ps: i would like to duel rtcll one day in anni arena. :lol:

annihilation competition was owned by a guy that used basic strategies because all the players were completely retarded and the mod was made for pubbing not competition

and that man was sof magnum the best annihilation leader and player his name also fettucine

fucku

So arena players should find LT really ez and dominate the game right?

But they don't. Huh..wonder why..

Are you good at LT, shadoh? No..you aren't. How long would it take you to become good at it? You never would. You don't get tribes just like every other arena player who was never good at ctf. Tribes isn't quake and cs. Killing doesn't win games. There's a lot of dudes who can fly around and kill people and believe they are making an impact on the game. But they aren't aware of what's going on around them, how players are setting up plays, how others are preventing plays from happening. Positional situations and timings go unseen to people who kill people all map long.

Let me explain something to you. Let's say you were to play in a 5v5 comp LT game and you were told to LO/clear defenders. So you fly over and kill one dude 3 times in a row. Just as your capper comes in for the grab, that dude you killed over and over, respawned and stopped your capper. So essentially you have 3 kills but you haven't changed the game whatsoever. You could do this all game and end up with 40 kills. Maybe sometimes you killed an LD at the right time and your capper got out. But if you were facing anyone good at LT, 90% of your kills would be worthless. Nothing more than a nuisance. But you would look at your 40 kills and jackoff to them thinking you played great. But your team lost and you don't know why.

Turns out the other team was playing a totally different game than you were.

You made me go aspergers on u damnit

tbh many good LT ppl were heavy arena players
shadow still a complete retard but i just saying

rtcll, snow, flipper, milkman, carnova, izza, many other ppl all played arena heavily

most of them cared much more about arena than ctf too by a large margin

idk why you make such an analogy as it misses the point of my posts. let me respond with my own scenario. you set up a route and run it perfectly and the enemy defense never sees u coming. u grab fast and are out and immediately get double sniped before u can crest a hill. so much for your elaborate lt strategies

fact is the arena community in 02-03 was the worst group of ppl i ever encounter in tribes and makes me look very sane and nice

it pretty much like all maps except auth devolve into shiled + cg swearing at each other teenagers saying racist things death threats etc

rtcll gonna go play in a pub where no one is cging and he gonna shield and cg just to get top score in arena pub then talk shit to everyone

some autist guy named deputy dog runs all the servers and gives admin to carnova who bans ppl for getting better scores than him

pibb have terrible acne but post his pic on twl challenging ppl to fight irl

everyone grew up a lot from that time but if there was a hell in tribes it was during that era of everyone having interpolate + taking the game very serious

i remember some match of Intensive vs some other team on desert rats where flipper said something like fine we're all gonna polate and cg now fuck u guys and it was for #1 on twl and the whole map devolved into some guy camping oob sniping and the rest of everyone ground strafe cg dueling using the middle hill ridge for cover

i think izza played this match he should know

lots of oldschool LD were arena players too

wasn't a good % of nutz/-w- ex arena doods? glock myst surefire proto bomba flipper etc

wolfpac started one of the best arena teams =I= intensive ya

also most of them were on some other #1 team at one point or another

rtcll and izza probably have some good arena stories from back then

but that community was really truly mean to everyone

i ended up resorting to rule fucking milkman out of a twl win for #1 on the arena ladder at one point and he raged so hard he quit tribes for awhile

annihilation competition was owned by a guy that used basic strategies because all the players were completely retarded and the mod was made for pubbing not competition

and that man was sof magnum the best annihilation leader and player his name also fettucine

fucku

I killed everyone in {SOF}. gg. In fact many ex {SOF} are in {OZ} now.

Silly noob, trix are for kids. {OZ} played ultra renegades from 2000-2005. We came to anni in 05, and wrecked shop on anyone in the mod. Since {OZ} came to annihilation we have won every match we played except 3. That is something like 50-3 W/L ratio. I don't care about anything that happened in the mod before 2005. Get off your high horse and stick to base buddy, don't tell me shit about annihilation, because you don't know shit. Like LT and everything else, over time the plays evolve and get better and better. Shit that worked pre 2005 wouldn't even stand a chance now days. Also mod was made for comp and pub. Just because we didn't ogl or twl in anni doesn't mean shit. But I can tell you {OZ} players did hold some records in OGL for VX.

Last edited:
tbh many good LT ppl were heavy arena players
shadow still a complete retard but i just saying

rtcll, snow, flipper, milkman, carnova, izza, many other ppl all played arena heavily

most of them cared much more about arena than ctf too by a large margin

That's y I said arena players who were never good at ctf. Those dudes were good at ctf.

idk why you make such an analogy as it misses the point of my posts. let me respond with my own scenario. you set up a route and run it perfectly and the enemy defense never sees u coming. u grab fast and are out and immediately get double sniped before u can crest a hill. so much for your elaborate lt strategies

U can't snipe in LT so what r u talking about?

This is dumb anyways because a lot of LT players from 03-05 were base players and many of the best kept playing for years afterwards. My point is LT requires flag movement which is something the arena players who strictly play arena have no clue about. Idc if u can hit a pube hair off a swinging nutsack across the map that won't do u much good when you're facing dudes who know how to play ctf.

u cant snipe in lt, but you can snipe in base ctf. and u can snipe in arena. i wonder wat sort of comparison you could draw based on that

Silly noob, trix are for kids. {OZ} played ultra renegades from 2000-2005. We came to anni in 05, and wrecked shop on anyone in the mod. Since {OZ} came to annihilation we have won every match we played except 3. That is something like 50-3 W/L ratio. I don't care about anything that happened in the mod before 2005. Get off your high horse and stick to base buddy, don't tell me shit about annihilation, because you don't know shit. Like LT and everything else, over time the plays evolve and get better and better. Shit that worked pre 2005 wouldn't even stand a chance now days. Also mod was made for comp and pub. Just because we did ogl or twl in anni doesn't mean shit. But I can tell you {OZ} players did hold some records in OGL for VX.

your defending a mod that has an armour where you can shoot nukes AND have a hit scan one shot kill any armour gun, ski's like a light armour with a nrg pack, yet has the health of a heavy.

Yes that is in annihilation, and not hit scan. Tribes doesn't have hit scan. Even using LOS you still have to lead. I played VX mod before Annihilation, and I can assure you that mod was way more OP than anni.

Also I would work your shit in base duel lemon. You very noob.

Last edited:
Yes that is in annihilation, and not hit scan. Tribes doesn't have hit scan. Even using LOS you still have to lead.

on all 1.11 server that anni run im sure everyone uses terp and happy mod which turns it into a hit scan weapon.

gg

Happy mod gets banned, and the version is 1.0 that the server uses. It's really last hope downgraded so all clients can connect. It still has last hope code to detect what versions the players are using.

The server you mention is my server, and it runs my version of the mod.

Back