So what's next?

I'd be really happy (along with many other admins) to see something done with the server side of the game.
You can't play if you don't have servers to play on and you'll be losing a lot of those unless something gets done to fix the problems with it.

Mainly there are 2 things.
1) It takes as much of a machine, minus video card, to run a 24 player server as it does to play as a client.
2) the admin functions, basically, just effing suck.

Hrm. Admins being left out in the cold again? Are 3rd parties going to be able to even write admin mods for T:V like BW and Tricon?

Where's the TP Server Corps when you need them.

Havn't played the beta online against other people yet, but I can just tell by the feel of it playing alone that this game rocks!

I'm runin a 2ghz P4 512mb DDR and a geForce4 ti 4400 and everything on high (not ultra high), and i'm still getting very good FPS! Once I play with others that is bound to change so I'll probably have to scale back but still... optimization so far has been great. Go IG.

GreasyBoy said:
Hrm. Admins being left out in the cold again? Are 3rd parties going to be able to even write admin mods for T:V like BW and Tricon?

Where's the TP Server Corps when you need them.

It's amazing isn't it.

You can do some mutators for it, but even they aren't that great from what I've found for UT.

Without a server that's actually functional wtf are you supposed to do for hosting it? The servers support the community and they always leave the server in shazbot hole status. Even after the little 'council' bs last year not a single thing was taken into use

After reading my initial post I have only one thing to say. I'm embarassed by how many times I said "cool." I need to get a thesaurus.

OpticNerve_ said:
So all of these quakers and cs players will actually end up winning the tourney, since thats the cream of the crop at WCG, bah, so stupid.
Its better that they get the glory of winning, which will draw them in to the game :shrug:

If they got owned to hard, they'd say the game sucks, and just go back to UT/Quake.

Back