So what is the nature of the Universe we inhabit?

Stumbled on this crazy shit trying to show Detox that the Big Bang doesnt posit that there was a magic nothing that suddenly had a singularity pop up and bang in it.

What it makes you think about is this... What is a plausible explanation for a big bang event and what of other universes? Is there a sea of universe bubbles bouncing around out there? And WTF is that about?

How is this shit not more interesting and moving to a person than self-delusional belief in a pissant jealous God whom first sought out to impress and fuck with some ignorant goat herders in the distant past?

Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes - Technology Review

NcMDP.jpg

I heard a talk by Penrose about this sort of stuff. Seemed like a bunch of hot air to me. I wasn't really all that impressed by the theoretical work he was presenting.

Then again mathematicians tend to look at these sorts of things a little differently than physicists. Though I would say I came to these conclusions even after coming into the talk willing to ignore rigorous theory. He really didn't say anything substantive.

I heard a talk by Penrose about this sort of stuff. Seemed like a bunch of hot air to me. I wasn't really all that impressed by the theoretical work he was presenting.

Then again mathematicians tend to look at these sorts of things a little differently than physicists. Though I would say I came to these conclusions even after coming into the talk willing to ignore rigorous theory. He really didn't say anything substantive.

Yep

But dont you ever sit back and think... WTF is beyond our universe of the the big bang and what is going on? How far do these extraverses go? Is there an end?

WTF started the extraverses if they have a linear form of time as a integral dimension?

Yep

But dont you ever sit back and think... WTF is beyond our universe of the the big bang and what is going on? How far do these extraverses go? Is there an end?

WTF started the extraverses if they have a linear form of time as a integral dimension?

I don't think much about it. I'd rather read good fantasy books. I find it more entertaining than the stuff being produced by theoretical physicists.

Backward, forward, outward, inward
Bottom to the top,
Never a beginning There can never be a stop
To skipping, hopping, tripping
Fancy free and gay,
I started it tomorrow and will finish yesterday.
Round and round and round we go
And dance for evermore,
Once we were behind
But now we find we are
Forward, backward, inward, outward,
Come and join the chase!
Time is an illusion
You can never win this race.

Apologies to Disney

Going to Hell?
LOL
You're already here
For eternity
Good luck getting out
See you again

We are all SeVeReD

Last edited:
The more I read about it, the more the idea of a holographic universe makes sense to me. I don't understand quantum theory, and at 46, I fear I never will. I can tell you about the observations we've made, and why classical physics breaks down when observing very large or very small things, but I'd be lying if I said I can make any fucking sense of it. I understand special relativity, and I sort of understand general relativity, but I cannot wrap my brain around the slit experiment.

A holographic universe makes more sense to me, because I sort of understand how a holograph is thought to work. The idea that photons are waves, particles, neither, and both, all at the same time, begins to make a kernel of sense within the the idea of a holographic universe. But even then, not much.

Backward, forward, outward, inward
Bottom to the top,
Never a beginning There can never be a stop
To skipping, hopping, tripping
Fancy free and gay,
I started it tomorrow and will finish yesterday.
Round and round and round we go
And dance for evermore,
Once we were behind
But now we find we are
Forward, backward, inward, outward,
Come and join the chase!
Time is an illusion
You can never win this race.

Apologies to Disney

Going to Hell?
LOL
You're already here
For eternity
Good luck getting out
See you again

We are all SeVeReD

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought--
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!