[So] We Wiped to Akama Last Raid

Would be good to have you back Blotter. I've been trying to get into Warhammer but with the ridiculous amount of CC, glaring class imbalances and lack of world PvP it doesn't seem to be much different than WoW. Just a shittier engine and less content.

i agree. its a nice change for the time being, but i dont see myself playing it much longer, not when there is WOTLK around the corner. its just a filler.

it also runs like complete shit on my pc. but my macbook comes in tomorrow, so ill probably install it on there (bootcamp), as well as the mac version of WoW. im expecting a huge performance increase in both games (p4 prescott, 1gb ram, agp radeon -> macbook pro, 2.53 core duo, 4gb ram, 9600m gt)

Last edited:
todd dont do it.

i resisted law's attempts to drag me back into that pit of doom called WoW, you can too.

matter of fact, just yesterday i came across the box and disks while cleaning out a drawer and threw them all in the fucking trash. of course the account is long sold but still, didnt even give it a second look.

anyhow, whats up gook?

todd dont do it.

i resisted law's attempts to drag me back into that pit of doom called WoW, you can too.

matter of fact, just yesterday i came across the box and disks while cleaning out a drawer and threw them all in the fucking trash. of course the account is long sold but still, didnt even give it a second look.

anyhow, whats up gook?
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have ever touched this game. Then again after I quit and you talked me into rolling a priest and playing again I suppose I have you to blame 2 times. I suppose if I wasn't playing WoW most evenings after everyone here goes to bed I'd be playing some other game.

i agree. its a nice change for the time being, but i dont see myself playing it much longer, not when there is WOTLK around the corner. its just a filler.

but you've already played WoW...how is Wotlk bringing anything new to the table? It is just more of the same...grind an instance to get gear to kill the boss in the next instance to get gear to kill the boss in the next instance...

reroll with us in war, you'll dig it.

Last edited:
im not really looking for anything new. i like WoW, its polished and has what i like (ive always been a carebear). with LK, its going to be more polished and with more content, thats good enough for me.

sometimes you just need a break.

i havent been too successful with the PvP aspect of warhammer. i like to do my own thing alot and the game doesnt really encourage that. i seem to get stuck in an endless loop of scenarios, the XP is too good and it lets you be lazy. i just sit in front of the quest guy for the Mourkain map and turn it in after each scenario. it doesnt encourage much else IMO, at least not until t4, which ill never get there it seems :x

ive thought about rerolling a healer, and i still may, i just really need a new PC, because that is killing the game for me as well.

Last edited:
i havent been too successful with the PvP aspect of warhammer. i like to do my own thing alot and the game doesnt really encourage that. i seem to get stuck in an endless loop of scenarios, the XP is too good and it lets you be lazy. i just sit in front of the quest guy for the Mourkain map and turn it in after each scenario. it doesnt encourage much else IMO, at least not until t4, which ill never get there it seems :x

This was my experience thus far as well. Queue up, alt tab and surf until the queue pops, turn in the scenario quest and repeat. And it's the same scenario over and over.

Also, though the bolstering is cool and the fact gear seems to be less of an issue, it didn't take long for me to reach the point where I could look at the classes and levels in the scenario and generally predict the outcome of the match.

Instancing is killing MMO PvP for me. Hopefully someday there will be a new Shadowbane or EVE style MMO that is factionless with guild vs guild PvP and resource control. EVE really is an excellent game on paper -- it's too bad it's so boring to play and has a learning curve that will drive most new players away.

Back