[So]MW3 url redirects to Battlefield 3 website

OpticNerve_

Veteran X
Modern Warfare 3 URL Redirects to Battlefield 3 Site - PC News at IGN

EA has made it all too clear that it wants to slit the throat of the Call of Duty franchise, as it readies its impressive looking Battlefield 3 to go head to head with Modern Warfare 3 later this year. But today the publisher resorted to some dirty tactics, or so it seemed at first.

Gaming news sites and Twitter feeds lit up over the past 24 hours when it was discovered that the URL Battlefield 3 : BF3 - EA Available 10.25.2011 was automatically redirecting to Battlefield 3 : BF3 - EA Available 10.25.2011, EA's official site for its upcoming shooter....
Modern Warfare is crap. On November 8, 2011, the most over-hyped first-person action series of all-time returns with the copy and paste sequel to the lackluster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Check out the E3 2011 gameplay demo featuring the Black Tuesday level for a look at the epic fail of the campaign. Pre-Order Call of Duty MW3 Today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC to secure exclusive bonuses only available online for Modern Warfare 3 fanboys who don't know that Battlefield 3 is the better game.

:roller:

are you referring to mw3 or bf3 when you say "They" - also by floaty man-to-man combat do you mean knife hits not always registering (like in bfbc2)?

They as in all the BF games. The infantry combat is terrible. The guns and movement are always 'floaty' and don't have a good feel.

Just to clarify robr0, you have actually played Bad Company 2 — the first proper Battlefield sequel for the PC since Battlefield 2 — haven't you?

Also the URL redirection is hilarious. :sunny:

I don't even understand what you mean, BF2 and BF2142 felt great to me. Of course I'm routinely the dominating player on any server whereas small fry like yourself might not be very good and blame it on the game. :sunny:

I don't even understand what you mean, BF2 and BF2142 felt great to me. Of course I'm routinely the dominating player on any server whereas small fry like yourself might not be very good and blame it on the game. :sunny:

Do you ever play other FPS games? Counter strike, COD?

Do you ever play other FPS games? Counter strike, COD?
Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Tribes, PlanetSide, Call of Duty... yeah I've played a few, all extremely well. In fact BF's infantry gameplay is probably most akin to Tribes so I'm amazed you hate it so much. :bigthumb:

If you mean Battlefield's infantry gameplay is very slow-paced, I get that. Of course that's the whole point because it encourages you to be more tactical and forward-thinking with your movement, using pre-emption and surprise to kill rather than twitchy movement and evasion. The actual gunplay is superb and I can't fault it at all, although BF2's weapons did lack oomph at times — something resolved by BF2142 and BC2.

Each to their own, though. :shrug:

People who say BF's combat is "slow" don't understand what a tactical game is. BF isn't a twitch shooter and hopefully never will be.

Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Tribes, PlanetSide, Call of Duty... yeah I've played a few, all extremely well. In fact BF's infantry gameplay is probably most akin to Tribes so I'm amazed you hate it so much. :bigthumb:

If you mean Battlefield's infantry gameplay is very slow-paced, I get that. Of course that's the whole point because it encourages you to be more tactical and forward-thinking with your movement, using pre-emption and surprise to kill rather than twitchy movement and evasion. The actual gunplay is superb and I can't fault it at all, although BF2's weapons did lack oomph at times — something resolved by BF2142 and BC2.

Each to their own, though. :shrug:

Not the pace.

The physics of walking, shooting, running, jumping and aiming are all sludgy. It's just not smooth, and severely detracts from the gameplay.

For example

COD / CS = Tribes 1 physics
BF games = Tribes 2 base physics

Something is just terribly off about the physical experience

my memory of battlefield gameplay was joining a map, getting the shit blasted out of me by the 30 different vehicles spawning and feeling like every infantry weapon was a pea-shooter

oh and waiting in line for vehicles

is any of this addressed in bf3?

my memory of battlefield gameplay was joining a map, getting the shit blasted out of me by the 30 different vehicles spawning and feeling like every infantry weapon was a pea-shooter

oh and waiting in line for vehicles

is any of this addressed in bf3?

doubt there's anything they can do about lines for vehicles - hopefully some of the noobs will learn how to fly in empty servers rather than in one i'm playing on (unless they're on the other team - then i don't care how badly they fly).

edit: also the g36e, the pkm, the ak47, and the ak101 all packed a decent punch, but when you're getting raped by vehicles they're all going to seem like pea-shooters.

Last edited:
doubt there's anything they can do about lines for vehicles - hopefully some of the noobs will learn how to fly in empty servers rather than in one i'm playing on (unless they're on the other team - then i don't care how badly they fly).

edit: also the g36e, the pkm, the ak47, and the ak101 all packed a decent punch, but when you're getting raped by vehicles they're all going to seem like pea-shooters.

so bf3 will be the same gameplay with vehicles?

Back