[So] Just lucked into a PS3

Talamius

Veteran X
Guy in front of me at Best Buy was returning it (20GB model, he found a 60GB). Completely sealed and runs fine, just installed the 1.31 firmware and bought Resistance and CoD3.

Anything else worth a damn I should buy for this? I figure it will cover Santa this year for my son.

Was not even really looking for one...I was fine with my Wii and 360 but at street price with no bundle I figured why pass it up :p

luck as in selling it, right?

Nope, shocked me because I figured he would turn around once he heard I was interested in it and try to sell it for an outrageous price but he just returned it at the counter and then told the girl I was interested in buying it. She then sold it to me for retail price ($499).

Nope, shocked me because I figured he would turn around once he heard I was interested in it and try to sell it for an outrageous price but he just returned it at the counter and then told the girl I was interested in buying it. She then sold it to me for retail price ($499).

That's because greed and money doesn't drive every soul on this planet.

Dude must be rich if he didn't want to sell it in the papers.

Look in the Classifieds and they're going for 1k.

Wii seems to be the more popular console, but still, for the dude to just return it, wow.

Wii seems to be the more popular console, but still, for the dude to just return it, wow.

in upstate ny people are having a hard time selling them on craigslist for 100 above markup. There was one left in walmart for a few hours and they kept announcing it over the pa from what my wife said when she was there returning stuff.

The demand is dying because supply is going up albiet not much, but enough to where they are not impossible to get anymore.

That or he just had no idea what they are being resold for. Dunno.

They are selling them for 1k......doesn't mean they are going for 1k. Have you checked ebay lately? You might get $100 over retail. Far from getting rich.

So yeah, anything worth playing?

Downloading that F1 demo now after watching the video at Gamestop. Always been a sucker for simulators.

The demand is dying because supply is going up albiet not much, but enough to where they are not impossible to get anymore.

demand is dying b/c the hype is over and a lot of people are realizing it's a mediocre console and are waiting for better games now.

If nintendo was evil, they would start rumors of Halo/MGS/FF being multi platform... then ppl wouldnt know whch to get, and get the cheap one and the console when the game comes out

demand is dying b/c the hype is over and a lot of people are realizing it's a mediocre console and are waiting for better games now.

:rolleyes:

yes it has nothing to do with the fact that Sony is shipping more and more each week. Lets get over the fucking sony hate already guys we know we know everyone here is nintendo true and true..every damn post in a ps3 thread doesnt have to be SONY SUCKS LOLERZ anymore.

nah im far from a nintendo fan

i'm simply unbiased, the ps3 was a huge letdown compared to the xbox 360 though

ps3 is sweet. don't let them shit talk you. i've put so many hours into resistance, that i havent been able to touch my nhl 2k7 yet

nah im far from a nintendo fan

i'm simply unbiased, the ps3 was a huge letdown compared to the xbox 360 though

I can't say that myself, considering I only own an xbox360 and thats it. But people here like to talk some mad shit for a system they have prolly played all of 5 minutes.

Back