so is 24 player going to be possible..

black label said:
without any lag due to unreal's netcode? Can coders fix that problem or are we looking at 10 or 8 player teams?
I don't see any "problem". Whats wrong with 8 v 8?

black label said:
without any lag due to unreal's netcode? Can coders fix that problem or are we looking at 10 or 8 player teams?
It's not a hardware issue. Maps are designed for 8-10 a side so that's why servers are set up that way.

With the way T:V plays 12+ players won't be as fun as smaller teams.

The beta server I played on(from friends house) was capped at 20. There was no huge lag problem although anything higher then 24 would really start to feel chaotic gameplay wise because with 20 it was all ready starting to feel crazy.

I would like to just have a pub for the heck of it with 32 players, you know just go crazy and shoot everything that moves once in a while.

Competitive wise, I'm going for 8v8 - 10v10 .

black label said:
To answer your question, there is no problem with the net code that would prevent 16 v 16. It seems pretty good to me right now. We dropped the servers to 24 max recently because with 32 players on Emerald you would frequently run into situations where you were looking at 20 of them at one time, and that's a ton of polys to render. Most people had some FPS problems (which is different than net lag) with that extra 100,000 polys on screen.

Yogi said:
It's not a hardware issue. Maps are designed for 8-10 a side so that's why servers are set up that way.

With the way T:V plays 12+ players won't be as fun as smaller teams.
wow, thats a relief. i haven't played the game myself, but just basing my opinion off my research, it sounded like teams would be much larger than t1 (dunno bout t2) seeing as there are more deployables, turrets need manning, and more things to repair/defend in T:V than the previous titles

8 vs 8 is not *epic* enough for teamplay ctf for me.To me to have a an adrenaline based ctf match you need 10 vs 10 know its different in T:V,But
8 people sound's like a ball match.

Back