so i'm posting from a greek village

public

Veteran XV
Spending a week here because my cousin's getting married. I guess the only public internet access around here is in this restaurant which is run by a guy who lives in canada most of the year. The weather is great and the scenery is stunning, the food is excellent and I'm still hungover from the bouzouki night last night.
I also have a brazilian-made brand new VW Fox to drive around with, and while it's reeaaally slow, it has a/c, an mp3/cd unit and 560km on the clock.

Also, yay for Greek beer.

:sunny:

Edit: Updatey with pics!

qrqiv6.jpg

A house in Lahania, a nearby village.

qrq2zm8.jpg

Abandoned truck in Lahania.

qrq3kx7.jpg

The garden of the house I stayed in.

qrq4tz9.jpg

Prasonisi.

qrq8sc1.jpg

Beach in Prasonisi.

qrq5vn1.jpg

Dusk in Faliraki.

qrq7cd4.jpg

My wheels!

qrq6ek3.jpg

Tired dog in Koskinou.

qrq9ka6.jpg

Koskinou.

Last edited:
Fucking awsome story, can you tell it to us again? Only this time, tell it geeked out of your mind off of the finest Columbian white girl.

MY GOD. wuts greece like? I ner herd of it cept zeus and hercules. and the snake head woman queen amiidala or whatever

Are the natives friendly?

Yeah, because the island (Rhodes) lives from tourism. I'm staying at the southern part, though, which is a lot more rural and peaceful and doesn't have so many Germans and Brits as the island capital and Faliraki.

Whats it like having to read the gibberish they call writing?

It does take a moment to decipher :) Most of the people speak passable English though.

The traffic is very Mediterranean, so to say. And since they don't use daytime running lights unlike at home, I need to be more aware when tooling around. The VW has a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder engine and it sounds hilarious :D

Well, we all know that Finland is Winland, so don't compare a bunch of analsex having Greek lazy sods with any place remotely cool.

Well, we all know that Finland is Winland, so don't compare a bunch of analsex having Greek lazy sods with any place remotely cool.

Well, I love the weather and everything, but it's possibly because I don't come here that often. I guess the sunshine and warmth could become boring in the long run. ;)

It's probably raining back home right now.

Back