So im not an anime fan

I like Naruto! Naruto and Trigun are the only ones I'm currently watching once I finish them up I'll start downloading some other stuff. Seen some of the cowboy bebop movie and loved the animation and style but it wasn't too gripping. THe TV eps are better I bet.

ElectroWaffle said:
anyone care to explain the story behind trigun, like what is he?

ive seen an episode here and there

anyone who feels free to do so please do :)

Trigun is one of those series you have to see from the beginning, or else you're likely just to be lost. The show starts out relatively lighthearted, and quickly takes a turn for the serious around episode 5.

To summarize:

Spoiler

Most anime blows serious ass...

Jin-Roh was good... Cool play on the little red riding hood plot

"Now and Then Here and There" is also a good one...long name though.

Uhhh, are you sure you want it spoiled? Finding out Vash's history is all part of the enjoyment of watching the series...you don't find out until the later episodes. No earlier than episode 15, if I remember correctly. Maybe even later.

Anyway, if you're SURE you want to spoil the series:

Spoiler

It's a pretty good story as far as anime goes. Nothing ground breaking, but not too derivative either. The whole Vash/Knives dynamic is interesting to discover, and the last episode is very satisfying. Finally, an anime without any loose ends.

Whoops. Looks like Ben and I don't have the same explanation for Trigun. He could be right; I haven't seen the series in like 3 years or so. Check it out yourself though...Trigun is among my favorite animes, only ranking behind classics like Bebop, Evangelion, Escaflowne (not Fox butchered) and FLCL.

Gobd said:
I like Naruto! Naruto and Trigun are the only ones I'm currently watching once I finish them up I'll start downloading some other stuff. Seen some of the cowboy bebop movie and loved the animation and style but it wasn't too gripping. THe TV eps are better I bet.

BTW.

The weren't the last 3 eps SO FUCKING GOOD? Oh my god, I just had this big shit-eating grin on my face as all the loose ends were being tied up.

God it was fucking awesome!

Heh, i have every cowboy bebop cd & box set. Out of all of them, some of my favourites are Tank, Farewell Blues, Goodnight Juilia and of course, Blue.

definitely some awesome tracks on the cowboy bebop soundtrack, i think space lion is my favorite, but theres a lot of other really good ones too.

[THE]Perrin said:
BTW.

The weren't the last 3 eps SO FUCKING GOOD? Oh my god, I just had this big shit-eating grin on my face as all the loose ends were being tied up.

God it was fucking awesome!

YES. Loved the last 3, cant wait for ep 81

Best Bebop song: The EGG and YOU.

Hands down.

And the best Episodes were Jupiter Jazz I & II, The one with the Teddy Bomber, and Real Folk Blues I & II.

and i agree with benjamin reed in that the two jupiter jazz episodes are my favorites, but there a lot of other ones up there with them.

Bebop is overrated.
Trigun is overrated.
Naruto is overrated.

All the shit you yanks fall in love with is overrated.

The only quality anime is Ghibli, everything else pales in comparison.

The End.

link2661 said:
YES. Loved the last 3, cant wait for ep 81

Definatly. Although this is probably the least I've craved an episode in a while. Not because it won't be awesome, but it's the first time since episode 20 that I've had even a slight break in terms of the story line.

I'm sure 82'll be back to the normal cliff hangers though :D

edit: Dear god, listening to Tank! again as I type this. So Fucking Good.

Back