so if there's a heaven, what is it like? if not, what happens to you when you die?

Fancy Cat said:
not really. but i go back and forth on believing in God. I really believe there has to be some sort of power out there that set this all into action. Don't tell me that because of the big bang i laugh at dave chapelle and cry when i lose a loved one.
i dont necessarily believe in man's version of god, but i believe there is/was a creator. i doubt this entity cares if you dick your neighbors wife or if you take a life, but if it works for people to believe that..sure.

Kamo-T said:
Sorry but thermodynamic laws do not apply to souls.
Also, thoughts are not pure evergy. More like electro chemical impulses.
and you know this because of the extensive research done on souls?

"i'll tell you something they don't tell you in your temples. the gods envy us, because we are mortal. we can die at any given moment, and that is what makes life so beautiful."

It's like that movie, what dreams may come.

life is about finding ur soulmate again... and death is about being w/ them free of physical limitations

Last edited:
I'm there at the moment my ex-girlfriend takes me back, over and over and over. Unfortunately, that's heaven, not real life, where she's in love with someone else. If anyone gets a clean shot, take me out...

SG

I believe there is something after death simply because my mind cannot comprehend not existing. It boggles the mind and makes NO sense to me. I don't see how not existing could make any sense to anyone else either.

JohnMcClane said:
I believe there is something after death simply because my mind cannot comprehend not existing. It boggles the mind and makes NO sense to me. I don't see how not existing could make any sense to anyone else either.

Interesting to mention when you deeply ponder the thought of non-existance your mind just goes perfectly blank. It's such a deep state of relaxation for me. It's impossible to explain, when you're there, it's a wonderfully freeing but yet incredibly scary feeling. It's great.

I like to think of myself as immortal, living forever in the past. Your acts are your permanent impression on the universe. Heaven and hell are places where you are, not where you go. And when you die, all that is left of you is the heaven or hell you created in the past from your own will, for yourself and those around you.

Sift said:
Interesting to mention when you deeply ponder the thought of non-existance your mind just goes perfectly blank. It's such a deep state of relaxation for me. It's impossible to explain, when you're there, it's a wonderfully freeing but yet incredibly scary feeling. It's great.

I think you're reffering to meditation.

Fancy Cat said:
i hardly believe that my concious...my SOUL came about solely upon evolution and cells and electricity ect ect. there has to be a greater set of powers out there other than physics and chemistry that gave me the ability to reason and think and make concious descions...

what about dogs? do they reason? do they have a soul?

Back