So I was watching COD5 Zombie Mode

daxMaximum

Veteran X
and I thought to myself, the time is ripe for a zombie simulator.

Here is my game idea. The game is all about killing zombies\surviving, etc., but also make it about how you would live, life simulation during this epic problem. The zombies could have a lot variance and no clues would be given about how the zombie issue spread. You could make zombies range from their different variants or have it be totally random, either by having multiple zombie "styles" or a random zombie style that is across the whole game. You could then choose how you are going to live.

So the simulator part would have to deal with how you would overcome the zombie population.
Work on a cure? work on a Virus to kill them? Do you setup an army? wait for them to die? Contact government? capture one and study them? study them from afar? Do you try to survive? The AI of NPCs would give depth to every part of the scenario you choose, like helping people but based on their personality could be a burden and a blessing (scared scientists, gun wielding crazies,etc.).

The game would be progressive from a stage of the outbreak , where you could be setup from 5 hours prior to massive outbreak (giving you time to prepare) or landing you smack dab in the middle of a zombified metropolis.

If you made it deep enough, replay value would be huge and it even has MMO appeal and playability.

What do you guys think? I have a lot more thoughts, but just off the cuff I would definitely play a zombie FPS simulator, just thinking about it made me want to play.

I didn't read your post but I have been waiting for a legitimate zombie game forever. Not a mod (although there are a couple good ones).

Aside from that one zombie game where you're in a mall (for Xbox or whatever, didn't have one so I never played it) I can't really think of a zombie survival game (like a real zombie Apocalypse simulation, not a trapped in the house Resident Evil one). Like a large scale, GTA style zombie war.

Yea, Left4Dead is looking pretty incredible. I have a feeling it's going to play like an action arcade game, but with story driven pacing. Should be a ton of fun.

I'm debating the preorder of l4d
Same here. I haven't seen any negative buzz, so I'm a bit worried if the hype machine is going into overdrive.

I don't think there will be any problems finding it on the release date, though.

L4D looks great and I am picking that up. Nonetheless, I am thinking something much more immersive, with a lot of variables to change how your story may turn out. Anyways thanks for the l4D link.

Maybe it's just because I'm playing Fallout 3, but a huge Am I Legend apocalypse city might be pretty cool. You start out as just a dude, trying to find supplies to survive. Eventually the game breaks down in that you have to establish a building as a home base. You then spend time upgrading the defenses, arming yourself. It could take place in a day night cycle. During the day you look for supplies and survivors, work on home base upgrades, etc. During the night you have to protect your home base from the zombie invasion. As you progress in the story (if there is such a thing) the night attacks become more and more difficult.

im mixed about L4D.. Looks like it could just be another HL Style game..

I would much rather see an I Am Legend meets GTA4 style zombie game that is more than just a small map that you kill everyone.

I had a big zombie game thread a while ago. I think we agreed a whole RPGish type thing with GTA style engine would be best.

I was excited about L4D early on - but now not so much.

ExanimusTheGame.com :(

I just watched some gameplay trailers... looks pretty meh. FUCK fast zombies, I hate them, they're lame. I want hundreds of slow zombies lumbering towards you while you scramble up the wall of some makeshift castlelike fortification. That shit is cool.

I hate just sprinting around avoiding a bunch of enemies screaming towards you. That's just Serious Sam.

A billion of what? Trailers? I don't really follow the FPS market anymore, I hate them all, they're all the same (as I touched on in my second post). Fuck them.

I just watched some gameplay trailers... looks pretty meh. FUCK fast zombies, I hate them, they're lame. I want hundreds of slow zombies lumbering towards you while you scramble up the wall of some makeshift castlelike fortification. That shit is cool.

I hate just sprinting around avoiding a bunch of enemies screaming towards you. That's just Serious Sam.

There's a few mods for Stalker (the original, not the sequel), that add some massive zombie hordes at night.
They're slow and easy to kill, but at some point you're going to run out of ammo (and they make some pretty freaky sounds).

Hmmm...
Makes me want to go check on their progress now.

Back