So I registered to vote at my school..

Deception

Veteran XX
and I never received a voter registration card in the mail. I called the court house to verify that I was registered and they didn't have any information on me, the same thing happened a bunch of my friends. The court house said, "there's nothing we can do about it."

I know people will say your vote doesn't matter and all the other government crap, but it's shitty that you get all this "Vote or die" bullshit or maybe you just want to vote and they just so happen to "lose" a lot of voter registration forms in my town.

Phrozen said:
If you and a number of friends can prove it file a suit. Should be fun.

I don't see what our proof would be, all we got in return for our information sheets was a piece of paper telling us what date, and where to vote.

TedBundy said:
did you and your friends happen to circle "Democrat" on the registration?

I know I did, but a couple of my friends were republican so I don't think that had much to do with it.

Deception said:
and I never received a voter registration card in the mail. I called the court house to verify that I was registered and they didn't have any information on me, the same thing happened a bunch of my friends. The court house said, "there's nothing we can do about it."

I know people will say your vote doesn't matter and all the other government crap, but it's shitty that you get all this "Vote or die" bullshit or maybe you just want to vote and they just so happen to "lose" a lot of voter registration forms in my town.
What party did you guys register as?

edit: nm.

You can do what they call a provisional vote. At least here you can, I think it may vary by state.

In NC:

If you think you are a registered voter and go to vote, but your name does not appear on the county's official list of registered voters, you are entitled to cast a provisional ballot.

Contact your county Board of Elections and ask about it, or just ask for one when you go vote.

Back