so I just got an 11,000 dollar quotre from home depot for carpeting my house

their carpet sucks fucking ass dude. we had them come out and after 5 minutes sent them packing.

Huh? They get their carpet from the same manufacturers everybody else does. Shaw, Milliken, Mohawk etc... I would say you dont know what you are talking about.

Sheees that's alot of money. How much square feet are you talking about?
I did my entire home and it was like 3k, 1400 square foot home.

Ask friends and people you know about carpet. You'll eventually find some kids just starting out who need the money. We hired friends of relatives, just started up their own company. So they didn't have all the overhead of a retail chain. It was almost like a side job and we paid them in cash. They got the job done.

That 11K is paying for the retail company, and profit to Home Depot.

it cost me like 2,000 to have every room in my house carpeted after the fires of course .

we went to King Carpets they are out of san marcos and they did a awesome job we couldnt be happier

I learned this from a guy that does house refurbs. He says that when adding flooring that a wood floor, or tiled floor (not linoleum, but real tile) adds more to the resale value of the house than carpeting because of 2 things. Tile/wood floors are physically attatched to the house, where carpet isnt, and ease of maintenance.

I learned this from a guy that does house refurbs. He says that when adding flooring that a wood floor, or tiled floor (not linoleum, but real tile) adds more to the resale value of the house than carpeting because of 2 things. Tile/wood floors are physically attatched to the house, where carpet isnt, and ease of maintenance.

the biggest influence on what a house will be worth is the surrounding area and what houses in your neighborhood sells for. yea things like this will help sell the house but they don't really add a whole lot of value to a house.

the biggest influence on what a house will be worth is the surrounding area and what houses in your neighborhood sells for. yea things like this will help sell the house but they don't really add a whole lot of value to a house.

Actually i've heard from a lot of different places that while what you say is true, all things being equal, the big selling points of a house are the bathroom and kitchen respectively

Carpet is nice in the wintertime, but if/when I get a house I'm going all hardwood floors. Much cleaner look and easier to clean imo.

How much time do you spend in the freakin bathroom?

Thats definitely something a woman would be interested in.

Actually i've heard from a lot of different places that while what you say is true, all things being equal, the big selling points of a house are the bathroom and kitchen respectively

yea that is true that those are the selling points but still thats all stuff that is just going to make your house sell easier ...all tho if you do it nice it might add a little to the value its really just going to make it easier to sell .

How much time do you spend in the freakin bathroom?

Thats definitely something a woman would be interested in.

There are a couple places i've read that say that is exactly the reason, because ultimately, its women that are the last word in a home purchase

HD are fucking idiots for the most part in the larger home improvements area.

My sister-in-law is living through a nightmare after paying them for an all new set of kitchen cabinets. They totally fucked it up and now are trying to say it's her fault.

If I can't buy it and walk out with it in the same visit to the store I won't buy it from HD.

I think hardwood floors are the way to go, with some Area rugs and such, it's just so much nicer than wall to wall carpet.

This is 100% true.

Which is why I'm remodeling both before I sell my place.

The bathroom is getting all new tile floor and walls and mybe a newtub surround (or I may tile that as well) and all new cupboards and countertops in the kitchen :bigthumb:

I think hardwood floors are the way to go, with some Area rugs and such, it's just so much nicer than wall to wall carpet.

Not to mention waaaay healthier. Carpet chemicals are so strong and can cause unknown allergies to activate. Also hardwood/area rugs give you much better options for style change on the cheap down the road.

Back