So, I just got a guy fired...

Project2501 said:
Ok, well here's the summary of what happened.

We have music that plays over the whole building, which is run through one of the servers I built, and runs MusicMatch Jukebox software which streams CD quality music via commercial free internet radio. Now this music is not only played softly over the staff, its the hold music as well when you're on hold over the phone. So naturally we have to keep it to soft rock or stuff that's wholesome and not all hard and death sounding.

Anyways, I got a call from one of the guys in the Collections department this afternoon... It went a little something like this:

He said, “Can we turn off this gay music?”
I replied, “Excuse me?”
He said, “This music is stupid, and gay, and only gays and transvestites would listen to it.”
I replied, “What’s wrong with gays and transvestites, and how do you know some don’t work here?”
He said, “Well, I know who is and he’s not here, so we should change the music.”
I replied, “Ok, I'll change the music.”

Needless to say I was quite offended. I quickly wrote up an email to 2 managers and the head of Human Resources explaining what had happened and that I was quite offended by his attitude. Next thing I know the head of HR is coming to me with his KeyFob (used to get into the building) sayind he had been fired.

Heh, serves him right.
You are such a baby.

Aside from that, I have absolutely no idea how you manage to keep your job when you make statements like "drivers never cause crashes."

Java said:
who the hell says "gays and transvestites" listen to so and so? how old was this guy?
He was in his mid 20's. Totally loud and not very subtle about anything. He was a nice guy sometimes, but was a complete dumbfuck about things A LOT :\

He just went to far. Sorry.

I'm not seeking praise, just giving people a story to read :shrug: And now you know that people like me get offended and don't stand for it when you bring your ignorant hate and homophobic attitudes to the work place.

Project2501 said:
He was in his mid 20's. Totally loud and not very subtle about anything. He was a nice guy sometimes, but was a complete dumbfuck about things A LOT :\

I'm not seeking praise, just giving people a story to read :shrug: And now you know that people like me get offended and don't stand for it when you bring your ignorant hate and homophobic attitudes to the work place.
I guess we know why your girlfriend weighs 185 pounds now -- "she" is a linebacker named Ralph.

You just went on a little power trip because you have no control over any other aspect of your shitty life.

Project2501 said:

wahh sand in the pussy.

Project2501 said:

well with the way he talked and his age there is a very good chance he's a tw vet :)

how can you stand to read tw, being so sensitive and all?

Project2501 said:

youre a pussy. He was obviously joking around and you cant take a joke. Way to suck at life fag.

Kurayami said:
I guess we know why your girlfriend weighs 185 pounds now -- "she" is a linebacker named Ralph.
/sigh :rolleyes:

The person he was referring too, which is the only guy who's openly gay at our work, is my boss. He was out of the office today, or else he would've done the same thing I did :)

No I'm not gay. Sorry kur :(

Project2501 said:
Why is it so hard for people to believe that I was truely bothered by what he said? :\
We believe it, it's just that only a gigantic fucking faggot would have a problem with it.

Varnish said:
well with the way he talked and his age there is a very good chance he's a tw vet :)

how can you stand to read tw, being so sensitive and all?
I ignore a lot of what you idiots post. I read the funnies and ignore the rest. I can't do/say anything about what you guys' post so I don't :shrug:

Everyone has a right to their opinion. You just need to be careful in the workplace. Sorry.

How could someone with such a high sense of tolerance and love for all people and lifestyles find their way here in the first place?

I think you should try to become more tolerant of homophobes, if you practice what you preach.

I suggest you take a few minutes tonight and talk about this with your boyfriend.

Project2501 said:
Why is it so hard for people to believe that I was truely bothered by what he said? :\

i can relate with being bothered by things others say - but deal with it. you're a tighwad if that drove you to email your supervisors.

how about posting the email you sent? :)

petition to change Project2501's title to "Little Bitch" since he has proven that he is in fact, a Little Bitch.

Back