So I just got a call from "Primerica" about "management opportunities"...

Wrath[TC]

Veteran X
So I just got a call from "Primerica" about "management opportunities"...

Out of the blue...

When I questioned about the position, his reply "we're looking for managers."

When I questioned what my duties would be, his reply "that's what the interview is for."

Taken from wikipedia:
"Primerica has often characterized as a multi-level marketing (MLM) company. There have also been complaints that some representatives and their respective office branches have recruited new members through deceptive job interviews."

And then this from another website:
"While researching the company, We found complaints stating that the newest scam for Primerica involves them inviting for people in for job interviews, only to give them a pitch upon arrival about signing up for their $199 course that basically teaches people how to scam others in the same way."

Like seriously, what the fuck? Who falls for shit like this?

i once worked for a dude that left his job as a manager where we worked to work for primerica. he called me for years after he left trying to get me to come in and listen to his pitch. i never did.

Out of the blue...

When I questioned about the position, his reply "we're looking for managers."

When I questioned what my duties would be, his reply "that's what the interview is for."

Taken from wikipedia:
"Primerica has often characterized as a multi-level marketing (MLM) company. There have also been complaints that some representatives and their respective office branches have recruited new members through deceptive job interviews."

And then this from another website:
"While researching the company, We found complaints stating that the newest scam for Primerica involves them inviting for people in for job interviews, only to give them a pitch upon arrival about signing up for their $199 course that basically teaches people how to scam others in the same way."

Like seriously, what the fuck? Who falls for shit like this?

that last part, is 100% true

i get called by them like once every 5~6 weeks, as do my co-workers

it's a pyramid scheme

kurabooty.jpg

I don't know if it was Primerica, but some douchebag that I used to work with called me up and asked me if I was still looking for work. Said this company he just started with was looking for IT people.

I get there, and I'm "interviewing" with like 4 other people in the room, and he gets about 10 minutes into his Pyramid scheme bullshit, and I stand up and start to walk out. He's like "Hey, where are you going? Doesn't this opportunity sound exciting?" I said "No, it sounds like a pyramid scheme, and you're a fucking cocksucker for luring me here under false pretenses." I looked at the other guys and asked if he had done the same thing, and I told them that it isn't rude to walk out on this douchebag.

We all walked out, but I didn't feel better. I called the company that we both worked for and spoke with his ex-manager. I told him all about it and his ex-manager said he would not be getting positive referrals any more. For what it's worth. :shrug:

So keep an eye out regardless, and make sure you find out about the company before you go in. This was someone I knew and trusted and he knew what kinds of jobs I was looking for, so I fell for it.

Bunch of fucking cocksuckers.

And they do the same thing on the job websites. You'll get e-mails from these assholes looking for "bright young up and coming executives." Just come in for an interview! Pfft.

Primerica is one of my company's clients. They actually have pretty decent life-insurance products, but yeah, they are a pyramid and thus you should NEVER go to one of their things. All you hear about from people is how they used to be destitute losers, and now with Primerica, they're back on track and are going to be rich!

Such a fucking joke.

pyramid scheme usually means there is no real product. with Primerica there is a product. it is perfectly legal, but it's still a weigh station for losers...

Little kiddies don't know any better, that's how these scams keep going. But it's getting better with the internet and people talking about it in threads like this.
People try it thinking they'll make money. If it sounds fishy, it is fishy. If it seems like an MLM, then it probably is an MLM.

MLMs never work because there are unlimited sales people all doing the same thing. They work for a few months, then come crashing down as there is no one left to buy.

Gas Pills
Real Estate (quick and easy)
Health Products

You name it, everything has an MLM in one way or another.
MLM vs. Pyramid Schemes/Scams

Last edited:
I was once called by a very similar group. How he got my card I'll never know, since I only once put it in a "win a free dinner" bowl.

They tried getting me to come to an interview a week ago.. i looked into the company and saw they sold life insurance.. That was enough for me not to go. I didnt see all this pyramid scheme but now I am really glad I didnt go.

Back