So I jsut finished "Phantom"

Defaced

Veteran X
By Terry Goodkind.

It took me awhile to get to it because I have to re-read all the previous books before I can start a new one.

I hate how he constantly twists what happened in the previous books and creates new explanations for old events. I was also angered by the stupid cliffhanger ending.

I loved the first and second books and the third through fifth were ok. They have progressively gotten worse. Faith of the Fallen is almost nothing more than a thinly veiled political commentary.

There are so many situations where things are in direct contradiction. For instance in the first book we are led to believe that Kahlan can never ever get sexed without using her power. Then she has her pwoer taken away on no less than 3 seperate occasions that I can think of off the top of my head.

So in short, I loved the story a couple years ago. Now as more time passes I grow to dislike it more and more.

By Terry Goodkind.

It took me awhile to get to it because I have to re-read all the previous books before I can start a new one.

I hate how he constantly twists what happened in the previous books and creates new explanations for old events. I was also angered by the stupid cliffhanger ending.

I loved the first and second books and the third through fifth were ok. They have progressively gotten worse. Faith of the Fallen is almost nothing more than a thinly veiled political commentary.

There are so many situations where things are in direct contradiction. For instance in the first book we are led to believe that Kahlan can never ever get sexed without using her power. Then she has her pwoer taken away on no less than 3 seperate occasions that I can think of off the top of my head.

So in short, I loved the story a couple years ago. Now as more time passes I grow to dislike it more and more.

Sounds like Half-Life.

I like Terry Brooks. Terry goodkind has always been kinda been boring to me. I cant read a 1/4 of one of his books without giving up on it.

Back