[so] I bought a camper!

Update!

2 (almost) new tires Monday to replace the rear bald tires. Dodge makes a tight positrak and you can feel it around corners. Wears out rear tires quicker. The tires I found are cheap tires to begin with, but 100 a piece is still good. Mud Claw Extreme MT LT285/75R16. I'll be buying another 2 through Amazon asap. With gift card shenanigans and other tricks I can get them down to 135 a doughnut. Thanks RAYN!
519U19gtydL.jpg

Alignment seems to be good, as I didn't touch that. Check engine light came on a few times, Oxygen sensor code -reading too high. No big deal.
Picked up a condenser, drier, and lines from the scrap yard today, threw them in while I was there so the drier didn't absorb too much crap, then the damn thing wouldn't start. Got it started, but it ran like Goshins microwave. Lumpy and shitty. Ran it down the road and it died again. Coasted it backwards and off to the side, and it started and ran great. Tried again, and same thing. Turns out the previous owner put in new plug wires and didn't rout them correctly or put them back in the wire loom. The coil wire was against the header. With the truck at an angle the wire dangled away from the header and ran great. On flat road it would die. Probably the same issue causing the O2 code as the computer would still be dumping fuel into the engine, but without spark - the Ox sensor would read high. It's probably been like that for years, making occasional contact and throwing trouble codes. I must have moved it enough to make better contact wrangling the new drier in place. No matter, tied the wire to the snorkel with an old belt and dove back to the wrecking yard for a replacement coil wire and loom pieces.

Then off to the scrap yard. I had 10 junk car batteries, old dodge front end parts, a K frame from a chevy malibu, hyundai struts, and misc ball joints and scrap. Ran into a guy that junked a similar truck because the steering was scary. Basically the same thing that happened with mine. My helper dude was sad as he really want a 2500 now.
:boogie:

ive gotten the warangler duratrac and havent looked back since.

Yeah, the tire that separated on the jeep out of the blue was a Wrangler. They were nice, but I didn't trust then after that.

Back