[[so][advice]] I was robbed last night

NinjaFetus

Veteran X
my roommates and I were out at the bar and some fine gentlemen broke in through our window. stole two laptops (powerbooks) a digital camera annnd...about 150 or so DVDs and XBox games. They also picked and choose through my roommate's CDs.

They didn't actually go through MY room (I actually think I'm a little offended about that one. I like to think I have some decent shit.) all my movies are gone. box sets galore, some tv shows, favorite movies of all sorts.

I am fully aware that those DVDs are most likely gone forever but the laptops are the main concern. We're taking serial numbers to pawn shops around town just so they can be on the look out for them.

So, TribalWar, in your infinate wisdom....

what the hell else can we do at this point? the cops don't seem too helpful, there's not much they can do to find movies. the laptops are hit or miss.

if you rent, I hope you have renter's insurance

it costs almost nothing

if not...filing a police report and trying to keep an eye out is all you can do

sry dude

Call the cops #1

#2 - Figure out who all has been to your place in the past month. Guarantee it's someone you know.

Kali said:
Sounds like an inside job. They knew you guys had good shit and where it was.

land lady says the crackheads that lived here last year routinely came in through that window. as well as their crackhead friends. she's making calls, we're going to pawn shops...our neighbours are useless, they're 80+ and went to bed before we even left for the bar.

the dvds wern't exactly hard to find, they're on a shelf in the living room.

Finski, thanks for the amusement, but my TV is actually safe for the moment :p

They didn't take anything bigger then the powerbooks. they left all the game systems, the TV, everything like that.

GoD-Chry said:
Call the cops #1

#2 - Figure out who all has been to your place in the past month. Guarantee it's someone you know.

cops were called before I even stumbled home. and yeah, we're making a list.

pp01sm.jpg

renters insurance saved me 2x in my renting days. 1t $150 or so a year, you should talk your roomates into it

Back