[Snowboarding]This weekend I'll be in VT...

maxf

Veteran X
Any of you TWers local to the Burlington/Stowe/Jay Peak area? I will be up there for a long weekend with two buds Fri-Sun.

How are the slopes? Any local bars that I should grab a bite/drink at?

Slopes are terrible for snowboards in the bton area and in fact the rest of the northern adirondacks and upper green.

however if you were to throw 2 skis on its pretty much perfect for that.

I wouldn't be traveling to board anywhere right now. Hopefully we still get a decent March - as I was hoping to do a week in Utah hitting up the Bird and few other resorts. But if we can't get a decent base soon, then spring skiing is off the table for this year, which is depressing when you don't live within an hour of a resort(not that many who fit that description are getting any decent pow this season anyway) :sad:

Last edited:
A coworker was working in Stowe for a few weeks, he said that it's terrible there. He was there for two weeks and didn't go up once. The snow they'd make overnight would be gone by noon, and any base they had was melting away pretty quickly.

:( Should still be a good warmup for Breckenridge at the end of the month. Maybe they'll get a huge nor 'eastern while i'm there!

Back