Snowboarding Gear

Bane Grievver

Veteran XV
So I'm getting myself into snowboarding and I know a bunch of you are rather knowledgeable in the good brands to pick up.

I just got a Burton Custom (used slightly) snowboard and i'm looking for a good set of bindings and boots to go with it. I'm not entirely sure what to look for. I read that you guys recommend ThirtyTwo for the boots but they have a bunch to pick from. Any advice from the pros?

eva-mendes-gm_l4.jpg

lacey-chabert-gm_l10.jpg

Steep and Cheap from Steepandcheap.com

Its like woot.com but for snowboarding gear and they update as soon as items sell out.

I just got a set of Rome bindings that I really like. Boots, buy whatever is most comfortable. Brands don't really matter for boots, it's whatever fit your feet the best.

More of Lacey Chabert

Steep and Cheap from Steepandcheap.com

Its like woot.com but for snowboarding gear and they update as soon as items sell out.

I just got a set of Rome bindings that I really like. Boots, buy whatever is most comfortable. Brands don't really matter for boots, it's whatever fit your feet the best.

More of Lacey Chabert

I have rome bindings as well. I too like them alot. Got them right before christmas

There are a few different kind of step in bindings.

The "Clip In" bindings are the kind you want to stay away from. But I have plenty of friends who have Step In bindings by Flow that love them.

boots are what you want to fit you the best. I've got an old set of airwalks that really need to be replaced. I'm looking to get some with the BOA lacing system. I'm thinking I may get some DC boots or something along the lines of that.

As for bindings, I'd say stay away from step in bindings. Drake bindings are awesome. I don't think there's too much to worry about with bindings for a beginner. Just make sure you have a back that fits to your liking. If you want a really stiff back or something more forgiving.

I'm looking to get some with the BOA lacing system. I'm thinking I may get some DC boots or something along the lines of that.

As for bindings, I'd say stay away from step in bindings. Drake bindings are awesome.

Any recommendations for Drake bindings? Looking at them and Flow bindings, but which model to pick escapes me. And yeah, that BOA lacing appeals to me. Looking at the DC Allegiance boots since everyone seems to suggest spending money to make sure you get the right boots.

Back