[Snowboarding]Anyone eyeing the early sales for gear?

Gauntlet

Contributor
Veteran XX
I know it is early, but here in CT it seems all the local shops are advertising sales now on last year's stuff and small discounts on this year's stuff. At the end of last season I demo'd a lib-tech BTX and knew what I was riding this year. It also made me realize how much I wasn't enjoying my forum destroyer. So I picked up a 2010 Skunk Ape BTX 161 this weekend.

I am looking to snag some new outerwear soon too.

Anyone else panning to make a gear upgrade/change this year?

only if you're buying this years shit

usually pretty good deals if they still have last years hanging around
wrong

it's cheaper in the spring, and it'll be cheaper in another month or two. these "sales" are 100% marketing

I ride a libtech Emmagator.

I tend to watch steepandcheap.com and whiskeymilitia.com for deals. But then I have a pretty good compliment of gear, so I don't buy a lot of stuff anymore.

reno is right

I used to work at a ski shop. This years stuff was just as expensive, despite being on "sale", but the shit that was on sale last spring was just as cheap as it was in the start of this season.

Maybe you guys just get screwed out west.

The last time I went snowboarding was in hs so I'd have to get all new gear and I'm not willing to spend that much money. :(

My sister owns a cabin in Lake Tahoe on Squaw Valley. She has offered to let me use it any time and I have yet to take advantage of it.

The last time I went snowboarding was in hs so I'd have to get all new gear and I'm not willing to spend that much money. :(

My sister owns a cabin in Lake Tahoe on Squaw Valley. She has offered to let me use it any time and I have yet to take advantage of it.

does she rent it out ever?

I'm buying my student Double Whammy season pass tomorrow. $259 for both Northstar (with holiday restrictions) and Sierra at Tahoe (no restrictions). Being in school again does have its perks.

Another great site to watch for snowboard gear is Brociety.com: Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket Bud 11mm Headphones - $29.99 - 57% off

I got a bit of a discount on the new board mostly because the shop owner is wicked nice guy. He also wants me to bring in the Destroyer to sell on consignment next month. After talking to him, he mentioned there is some concern about moving this year's inventory since the economy hasn't really turned around at all. Also, you have got to figure that competing with the internet doesn't help the local shop either.

i dont know how to ski

friends convinced me to buy all new gear and a 5 mountain pass this year

$1000 down the drain
you have lame friends, should've gone to loveland. it's cheaper and there's a 3-class pass that gets you 3 lessons w/ gear rental AND a season pass for less than the price of either the lessons or the pass on their own. vail resorts sucks.

on a sidenote, keystone is the absolute worst ski resort in the area. I bet your friends love it.

Back