Skins for Tribes 1.40

If you have some script that gives an unfair advantage via the abuse of some settings which should have been protected I'd call it evil. If you have this in a binary, and I read modified .exe there (?), I'd definately call it evil..
If you don't release it.. I'll just be a little jealous.. but thats ok..

Providing a setting that may or may not help correct an issue with high ping players is not an unfair advantage. An unfair advantage would be HUDBot.

idk, providing something that 'corrects' an 'issue' with high ping just sounds like something that down the line becomes aim-bot-ish ..
High ping is a disadvantage, so be it.
How does that have anything to do with hudbot ? I like hudbot, it made my 1.3 tribes look good..

HUDBot is a cheat. An on-screen radar is a huge advantage. Anyone that disagrees is lying, or they wouldn't be using it.

High ping is a disadvantage, but that's not the issue. The issue is that 1.40 makes playing with a high ping much less tolerable. This is an attempt to fix that. This provides absolutely no benefit to low ping players what-so-ever, so stop implying that.

A cheat is only a cheat when the masses don't have and accept it. If someone isn't using hudbot now it's because they are severely stubborn. All good FPS games have a radar, not some shoddy compass. And uh, your reasoning also makes 90% of scripts ever made a cheat too, not just Hudbot. Not using Hudbot is the equivalent of not using a toilet simply because it's not the original way.

Last edited:
A cheat is only a cheat when the masses don't have and accept it. If someone isn't using hudbot now it's because they are severely stubborn. All good FPS games have a radar, not some shoddy compass. And uh, your reasoning also makes 90% of scripts ever made a cheat too, not just Hudbot. Not using Hudbot is the equivalent of not using a toilet simply because it's not the original way.

Scripts are based on existing functionality. If HUDBot was script-based, I wouldn't call it a cheat unless it abused a flaw within the client.

My reasoning? Can you read? HUDBot's a cheat. It's an external app that provides an advantage only to those who can run it, want to run it, or think they need to run it to stay competitive.

Regardless, I don't feel like arguing this shit all over again. It's a cheat, you're not going to change my opinion.

I don't want u to change your opinion. I do however want you to call 99% of tribes players cheaters though, you know, for comedic purposes.

It should've at least allowed you to set the variables. If you have a second, I may do up a debug build that'll show whether or not the hooks are being implemented, and what value is being set - if for no other reason than to remove user-error from the list.

Im keen to try get rid of this jittering problem, but Im worried that you'll just end up wasting your time. Maybe my tribes is just a wierd anomoly and I'm the only one who suffers from it?

by jittering he means changes in pft on the fly, not the warping that is a result (and inevitable) from the forward prediction

Its not inevitable if you change the pft settings to 1.1/1.3, because when I play on USB etc. with 1.3 I dont get the jitterrzz.

Last edited:
anyone know how to get this ret backround transparent? i dont have the tools....or know-how .... damn im a nub.

hreticle.png

Back