Server Query: Does Sabbath crash for you?

BitRaiser

Veteran X
I'm wondering if there's some sort of oddball issue going on with the map. I've seen some oddness go down on Mofo's but I haven't been able to duplicate the crash off that server.

If anyone's running a server out there that already has Sabbath in the rotation can conferm or deny this, that would be great.

If anyone wants to give it a shot and let me know what the ruesult is, that would be great too.

If there is an issue, any sort of log that might point to the problem would be a BIG help.

Wolvie... you could also try re-downloading the map and see if that has any sort of effect.

This is sorta important too. Not just for this map, but in terms of finding out what hidden limits there might be in the editor for mutli-player building.

Thanks guys.
Lemme know ASAP.

I'm getting a memory error, as I mentioned to you in-game. Give me a minute, and I'll get the error report it gives (although it probably doesn't mean much to you).

Thankies!

I'm not sure what could be causing it. The only things that are slightly odd are the shield movers and the control buttons.

If anyone's got thinks on this, lemme know.
Damnit. Gonna have to re-release, I guess.

The annoiance is that I've never been about to duplicate this crash locally. It never came up in the month of testing either.

Last edited:
Virtual memory, rather.

Code:
1.0.1(63446)

Crash Time: 02/21/05 05:29:22

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2388 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (Omega 2.6.05a) (6505)

TV Build Number: 63446

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- Illuminate <- FLightMap::GetTextureData <- FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3DRenderInterface::EnableLighting <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderSolidScenePass <- RenderSolidScenePasses <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- PrecacheRenderData <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

On a completely unrelated note, I got to the top of the mission boundary on MP-Park.

Oh... before I forget, good games tonight!
I was having some serious FUN in there thonight.

Why do I always seem to play better when drunk?

I was in a rover driving. Soon the rover was on autopilot. I couldn't move. Infact everyone was still. Soon the server restated. (this happens to me sometimes but everytime SAbbath restarted everyone would freeze but me.

JackLuminous said:
Malloc stands for memory allocate. Function call for grabbing a chunk of memory.
Ah... that makes sence.
So it looks like maybe something in the lighting functions is causing some memory to be missadressed, maybe.

Hmm... now the question is, is this part of the memory leak that we all know about?
If so, might it be adressed in the patch?

I'll start doing some digging on what specificaly could be causing this grief and try to get a tweaked version out ASAP. I'll prolly even see about fixing some of the other things that are bugging me.

OH! It just occured to me... I wonder if that unlit black square in the pheonix base might have something to do with it.

Any more thinks you folks might come up with would still be handy tho!

Yeah... it could be just a bad build.
I'm gonna do a new build right now and see if I can pass it off to someone for some live testing.

Well, I've got a new version on my hands here...
Thing is, Wolverine just contacted me to say that he thinks that the crash might be related to something else on Mofo's.
Grr.
Confusion of this nature really sucks.
I don't wanna have to re-release if I don't have to, but I've got no really good way to check on things.

Ok... good ta know.

I think I found the issue.
I had attempted to put flicker lights in the BE base before I knew that they don't work. I promtly forgot about them. Maybe the increased lighting I did for the final version was enough to push it over the edge.

I did some other tweaks while I was in there. I'm gonna let some folks do some testing before I re-release, but it seems good ta go.

FMallocWindows::Malloc <- Illuminate <- FLightMap::GetTextureData

That does suggest a lighting issue. Probably something is looping on lights too much. Your flicker theory sounds good. There might be an infinite loop in that code when the area is viewed just right.

BitRaiser said:
Well, I've got a new version on my hands here...
Thing is, Wolverine just contacted me to say that he thinks that the crash might be related to something else on Mofo's.
Grr.
Confusion of this nature really sucks.
I don't wanna have to re-release if I don't have to, but I've got no really good way to check on things.
It crashes when I try to host a local server as well.

Back