server jittering?

rtcll

Veteran X
experiencing some pretty big jitter seeing ppl doing mini warps all across the map and a few other ppl complained of the same thing

any ideas

I've always wondered if the regular jitter I experience is irregular and I'm just used to it. But I've played tribes on 5 different computers or so and on about 4 different isp's. So I'm pretty sure it's just tribes. Either way..I've not been experiencing any irregular jitter lately.

I've always wondered if the regular jitter I experience is irregular and I'm just used to it. But I've played tribes on 5 different computers or so and on about 4 different isp's. So I'm pretty sure it's just tribes. Either way..I've not been experiencing any irregular jitter lately.

lol ive wondered the same thing.

no, I wasn't streaming yesterday

but aside from the regular jitter I've gotten used to, yesterday was especially bad and was the first time I noticed multiple people complaining about it on the same map.

yes i saw it but it also went away and wasnt happening during the pickup

its hard to figure out the problem if its someones isp or client side or branzone or the server config or what

$net::InterpolateTime = "0";

I'm sure you noobs think this turns you into a chaingod or something.
maybe you shouldn't do that? Try this instead.

$net::InterpolateTime = "64";

yes tribes prediction / interpolate 0 causes slight warping / jitter but i dont think thats what they are experiencing and they are more than familiar with that as we pretty much all are

are you running on single processor? Try that.

edit: i'm stealing your signature and joining the "I still play T1" movement.

Back