[Serve] Paypal from Amex

Ahmida

Veteran XX
[Serve] Paypal-like service from Amex

So my extensive searching via "serve" "serve amex" and "serve paypal" turned up no results so here you go.

Serve | Home

Is a service started by Amex to basically kill paypal. Right now they are doing a signup bonus of 10$ and you can go to:

Serve | Money Mover

to get another 10$ credited to your account.

Basically you guys will fight over the details yourselves so I'll just mention somestuff that happened when I signed up.

I signed up with no problem, but my friend that referred me said sometimes they have issues with authenticating who you are and you might have to perform extra steps to do so. My account also did not get credited with either 10$ amounts right away. I just used the contact us link at very bottom and they promptly credited my account.

Sorry if this is old news, hope someone gets a use out of it.

Last edited:
Hello redmund,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

In response to your comment posted on : 12/24/2011

Subject : the $10

Comments : I signed up and I dont see the $10 in my account. I think this service is really cool btw. Thanks!

Response : Hello and thank you for your recent inquiry on your account. After reviewing the account I see that we are requesting address verification documents. This can be some sort of bill that has your name and the current address that we have on file. Once the documents are received and verified the account will then be eligible for the 10.00 credit. If you need more immediate help, please call us at 1-800-954-0559. Serve Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Sincerely, Serve Customer Service

Until the beginning of the year, you can fund your account with a CC w/o any fees ($100/day, $250/month limit), then transfer the money to your bank account. It is good for cashing out gift cards, that's about it.

Until the beginning of the year, you can fund your account with a CC w/o any fees ($100/day, $250/month limit), then transfer the money to your bank account. It is good for cashing out gift cards, that's about it.

That and Cash back. Is the limit per CC or cumulative of all CC's used?

That and Cash back. Is the limit per CC or cumulative of all CC's used?

Cumulative (meaning this deal is pretty much dead at this point). Cash back doesn't amount to much if you use the CCs directly, but a few $500 GCs @ grocery stores can amass some pretty good rewards @ 6% (Amex blue cash preferred), or 10% (citizen's/charter bank).

Amazon lets you cash out $1000/month per account w/o fee.

(two amazon accounts, $1k each = $200 in rewards, minus GC fees (5.95 * 4) = 176.20 / month)

I'll be stocking up on GCs and cashing them out throughout 2012...

176.20 * 12 = 2114.40

Edit: That's just from amazon payments, I can also pay auto/homeowner's/health insurance, cable bill, cell phone bill with GCs, which amounts to about 7500/year, or about $600 in extra rewards.

Last edited:
until i read OP i had no idea what the thread was about

chnage your title to "Paypal-like service from Amex"

Back