Serious TW weightlifters

Yogi Bear

Veteran X
What protein supplements do you use?

I'm using Isopure protein powder, 2 scoops is 50g of protein but I hate the way it tastes. Is there anything that's got more protein in it than that so I can drink it once a day rather than twice?

You could try some of the protein bars. The myoplex ones are pretty good. Personally I'd say to space the protein out, I don't think it's too nice on the kidneys to try and get all of your protein in one sitting

I use universal egg pro 40 grams

whey protein is better.

this stuff taste good and i cant have milk products so it works for me.

Aestis said:
You could try some of the protein bars. The myoplex ones are pretty good. Personally I'd say to space the protein out, I don't think it's too nice on the kidneys to try and get all of your protein in one sitting

spacing out is probably a good idea but...

The protein bars have too much extra shit in them for me. Plus they taste probably worse than the shake.

Actually the bars are really good. Some of them taste like royal anus. I think the shakes are pretty gross, but the bars are actually a treat to eat. Try the myoplex ones... I lost 40 pounds by lifting weights and eating the myoplex light bars in about 3 months

people who hate the way their protein shit tasts should just stick some frozen blueberries in with it....

makes it yummie

or bananaz...

or any fruit...

works well with vanilla and chocolate too....

blueberriez + chocolate = win

anyway, whats the recommended amount of protein you should be getting based on your weight? I've heard about 1 gram per pound you weigh

Yogi Bear said:
Is there anything that's got more protein in it than that so I can drink it once a day rather than twice?

shit i didn't even notice this part. assuming you're training daily & eating well, 50g protein in a sitting would probably push the limits of what your body could use at that point. anything else is overkill, & you still need to eat 2-3 hrs. later.

Aestis said:
Actually the bars are really good. Some of them taste like royal anus. I think the shakes are pretty gross, but the bars are actually a treat to eat. Try the myoplex ones... I lost 40 pounds by lifting weights and eating the myoplex light bars in about 3 months

I never thought the shakes were nasty but...were you skipping meals and substituting with the myoplex bars?

I'm just worried about the extra fat/sugars in them that I think there are.

Back